Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats needed for permission??

Options
  • 14-03-2008 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

No lads not permission from her , from a farmer( s--t that sounded bad):o:o:o.
    Let me start again . I am looking for permission on land to shoot deer and am going to approach some farmers , but how many arcers do I need and should I have a letter made out with blanks for address and a signature to be filled in or is there a form ?? anyone help me out with advice or permission:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

No lads not permission from her , from a farmer( s--t that sounded bad):o:o:o.
    Let me start again . I am looking for permission on land to shoot deer and am going to approach some farmers , but how many arcers do I need and should I have a letter made out with blanks for address and a signature to be filled in or is there a form ?? anyone help me out with advice or permission:D

The way i did mines last year was thus; I obtained written permission from two farmers who had deer on their land, this written permission included acreage and folio numbers,one guy had 77 acres and the other 90 acres.
    I then submitted the 2 letters along with gun cert and application for culling permit to the dept. bobs your uncle...by the way I talked to our local ranger and he was more than helpful...you might try finding out yours.icon12.gif
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Cheers man , I m looking forward to a desent venision steak.

Lads is there a competancy test to pass before you can get a licence??????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

No there is no test required.. but it would be beneficial to any man to learn more about his quarry and his shooting ability...
    As far as i am aware any person only needs permission from one land(sporting rights) owner. The amount of lands required is a preferable 100 acres or 50 acres min at a push.. This is according to a man i spoke to in duchas.
    Of course it would be best practice to follow in foxshooter243's foot steps and secure two land owners where Deer movements are known to duchas..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

No there is no test required.. but it would be beneficial to any man to learn more about his quarry and his shooting ability...
    As far as i am aware any person only needs permission from one land(sporting rights) owner. The amount of lands required is a preferable 100 acres or 50 acres min at a push.. This is according to a man i spoke to in duchas.
    Of course it would be best practice to follow in foxshooter243's foot steps and secure two land owners where Deer movements are known to duchas..
    Don't people wishing to shoot on Coillte lands need to have the HCAP? I seem to remember something along those lines anyway :D

Obviously, that doesn't apply in the OP's case, but the local Rangers will of course have to be satisfied that deer exist in sufficient numbers on the land in question.

• Advertisement

well I have been shooting for 15 years and I was a butcher for 17 so I would have an idea what Iam at

Advertisement