Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Locating to Ireland

Options
  • 14-03-2008 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

My partner and I are looking into relocating to Ireland from Liverpool, he would like to live in Northern Ireland purely for his line of work which is Aerospace Industry. I have never been to Ireland but have heard how lovely it is. I was looking into Southern Ireland.

I have a sucessful business in Dog grooming which has now been running for 3 years alothough I started mobile and have moved to a shop 2 years ago. I have 900 customers on my books but it is competitive were I have my shop and have about 600 recurring customers.

I would like to set up a dog grooming business if we re locate and also possible dog breeding and a very small kennels (a home from home).

Does anyone know of any areas who are desperate for dog groomers whether northern or southern. We are hoping to come accross to Ireland over the next couple of months.
    Thank you
    Michelle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

Michelle,

Dog grooming has gotten very popular here, over the past number of years.
    I would presume that you would be better off setting up shop in an urban area, city/large town espcially if you want the kind of client base you had before.

I run a training school for dogs & owners in Galway, I've found that I need to offer classes at different venues as clients aren't always willing to travel very far for a service, even if its been difficult to find.

Good luck with your venture,
    Ami:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 groomingtails

Thank you for the replies I am thinking of leaving the business here open and have an experienced dog groomer to run it so that I can get a small income from it and set up a small grooming parlour. I have 4 dogs myself 2 st bernards a newfie and a bichon so I was thinking of doing it from home and possibly just small dogs. That way I will be able to look after my dogs at the same time. My partner really wants to move out to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

I suspect it would be much easier to relocate your business to Northern Ireland as company law is essentially the same, it's the same National Insurance system etc.

To get a large customer base, you'd need to be somewhere like Belfast. I presume that in rural areas, you just wouldn't have the population to justify it.

Advertisement