Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have money to give away, need ideas

Options
  • 14-03-2008 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need some help from you:

I'm an active member of a communitee involvement comittee in work. At the moment we are planing our activities for this year. We are a big miltinational, and hq gave us some money we can donat, but there are some conditions:

There are two types of grants:
    To get the first one, which is potentially bigger, our employees would have to put some hours volunteering for the charity. I.e. last year we were helping out in the St. Josephs school for visually impaired, cleaning up the garden centre, this sort of thing. We put in over 120 hours, and because of that we were able to get them a donation for over 20.000$.

Second type of grant doesn't require us to volunteer, but we need to get something in exchange, like a table at the fundraising gala for example. This grant was introduced this year, so i'm not sure what else can it be - from what i remember, Childrens hopsital in Crumlin, sells bricks, rooms and wings, you can have them named after the company. I think something like that would work.

Another condition is that the work charity does must fall under one or more of these categories:

-Economic and Global Literacy
    -Environmental Sustainability
    -Nonprofit Effectiveness
    -Valuing Diversity
    -Community Safety

I would be gratefull for any ideas you have, feel free to PM me with anytrhing you are involved in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Hi,I'm involved in a registered charitable society which largely depends ons public donations to survive. It is not Government funded and as such would be extremely interested in any such action that your company is promoting.

Feel free to PM if you seek any further information.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭JG1

Hi

Sending you a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

The Daughters of Charity do great work in Ireland with people with intellectual disabilities and learning difficulties. They would suit either of the projects as they have a craft company called TOFA Celtic Handcrafts to employ some of the clients that makes rugs, tapestries, mosaics, greeting cards and pictures. They really do great work and give their clients a chance at a normal standard of life and independence.
    They also have an excellent gardening service called Clean Sweep that has a residency taking care of the gardens in Aras an Uachtarain as well as private gardens and business grounds.
    I did some voluntary and relief work with them over the years and was amazed by the level of compassion and respect that this organization shows.

I know you will probably have a lot of charities to consider so the best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Great idea to post up here and get a few suggestions. Are education activities included under "Economic and Global Literacy"?

If so, we have a bunch of ways for you to engage with us - In Ireland and Overseas.

Here's what we did last year http://www.suas.ie/2007results.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

To all

Thanks for replying, sorry I'm not getting back, the question still stands and I will PM you all, it's just it's busy time in work now, I'll get back to you by the end of next week.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Hi,
    I work for the Red Door School, its a learning centre for children with Autism and we rely heavily on donations. Its world autism awareness month this month and we have a lots of fund raising stuff going on. If you'd be interested in donating to us then pm me. Check out our web site to find out more about us
    http://www.thereddoorschool.com/

Thanks,

ss

Advertisement