Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chipper in town

Options
  • 14-03-2008 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

just after posting in the waffle thread and started me thinking what do you guys think is the best chipper in town. Personally I don't think that Fast Eddie's or The Golden Grill [the battered sausages in there can't be beaten :-) ]

One of the worst though has to be the one beside the roadhouse was in there one nite after a bellyfull of beer and nearly got food poisoning from it! :(

anyways what are your opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

tommycahir wrote: »
    just after posting in the waffle thread and started me thinking what do you guys think is the best chipper in town. Personally I don't think that Fast Eddie's or The Golden Grill [the battered sausages in there can't be beaten :-) ]

One of the worst though has to be the one beside the roadhouse was in there one nite after a bellyfull of beer and nearly got food poisoning from it! :(

anyways what are your opinions?

florinos is up there in my top 3 with the golden grill and umbertos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

tommycahir wrote: »

That place is rough. Went in there sober one night. Never again.

Umberto's or Golden Grill for me. Or Tony's in Graigue.
    Don't rate the chips in Fast Eddies.

cashback wrote: »
    That place is rough. Went in there sober one night. Never again.

Umberto's or Golden Grill for me. Or Tony's in Graigue.
    Don't rate the chips in Fast Eddies.

fast eddies "special sauce" is nice and his chicken fillet burgers are great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

gotta be the GOLDEN GRILL top food in there ,very well run by the sacco family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

I'm going to say floreno's. God damn i love their fish and chips.. And the chicken is gorgeous too:D

• Advertisement

Where's floreno's? Can't think of that place.

Where's floreno's? Can't think of that place.

on the tullow road, behind the shell garage, beside miller pub

patrickc wrote: »
    on the tullow road, behind the shell garage, beside miller pub

Hmmm never been. Or even knew there was a chipper there. Wouldn't be up that end of town much. But sounds like it may be worth a trip..

Hmmm never been. Or even knew there was a chipper there. Wouldn't be up that end of town much. But sounds like it may be worth a trip..

yeh its well worth the trip..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Florino's all the way!!! Best everthing EVER!! Cept taco fries. Abrakehabra can't be beaten for taco fries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Abrakebabra wins hands down... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

lucylu wrote: »
    Abrakebabra wins hands down... :D

only for the taco fries... Florino's do better Kebabs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Umbertos for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Golden grill definitely but they don't open late enough on Sat nights!!

Fast Eddies?? Is that place still open :eek:

Golden grill definitely but they don't open late enough on Sat nights!!

Fast Eddies?? Is that place still open :eek:

yeh it is, except tuesdays, father and son making their special sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

cashback go to floreno's you will not regret it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Golden Grill by i distance for me, I murder their pizzas on a regular basis, great milkshakes too. But Fast Eddies has to get a mention for his chicken fillet burgers, as do the road house for their chicken tenders.........
    homer_drool.gif.....
    Feck that, im headin to carlow tonight!

stick-dan wrote: »
    cashback go to floreno's you will not regret it...

Maybe I will then.... If I won't regret it. Might not get a chance this weekend but soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I don't partake in food from chipppers but i'd have to say tony's because it's my local .. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

best chipper for me would me florinos and billy bunters(their chicken is gorgeous!)
    but i definately know the worse chipper is gota be Roccas!! OMG,last summer me and my friend went to get food( i sometimes get delievery and tought it's ok) after we ordered,we saw LOADS of midgets(little flying things,duno is that word right) flying around in the shop and the guy that does the food has a REAL LONG beard...after we got our food,we just took a few bites and threw it in the bin......i've never seen a place with such bad hygiene..it is SOOOOO disgusting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Florinos.......no competition.

unless its a chicken fillet burger - Eddie is your man for that

agree with trilla on that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Tonys Take(your life) away has to be the worst...horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

For Chips
    - Umbertos (aka Pizza Dante for those who have been here too long!!!)
    - Golden Grill
    - Tonys
    - Florinos

Pizza
    - Golden Grill (no 10 yummmm)
    - Tonys (I like their thin bases)
    - Golden grill ('tho I haven't had their pizza since I was a student....)

Burger
    - Roadhouse (their classic burger is a favourite)
    - Florinos (the OH states that their American Burger is the best)

Chicken Fillet Burger
    - Florinos (the OH choice too)

Kebabs/ Baguettes/ Taco Fries
    - Abrakebabra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

best chipper for me would me florinos and billy bunters(their chicken is gorgeous!)
    but i definately know the worse chipper is gota be Roccas!! OMG,last summer me and my friend went to get food( i sometimes get delievery and tought it's ok) after we ordered,we saw LOADS of midgets(little flying things,duno is that word right) flying around in the shop and the guy that does the food has a REAL LONG beard...after we got our food,we just took a few bites and threw it in the bin......i've never seen a place with such bad hygiene..it is SOOOOO disgusting
    wouldnt go near that pizza dante/Umberto's the toilets are always filthy(and flooded) in there

the golden grill has always been good for chips etc but thier pizza's not the best

and fast eddies is just that with nice PIPING HOT food served with a laugh,

only used billy bunters a few times recently and they are closest and suit my needs very well and chips are lovely

p.s. those little midgets can appear during humid weather as rocca's is close to the river they would suffer from these pests ot it could also be because of poor food hygiene if rubbish was not stored properly?

Advertisement