Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Style For A Fashion Virgin!

Options
  • 13-03-2008 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Ok, so I'm trying to go for a kind of Indie/Alternative look but I don't know where to go to shop! I have some sense of what I would like to wear but I would like to hear other people's opinons about what looks nice/fashionable such as what clothing combinations to mix etc. Also taking into consideration clothing for both casual wear and for nights out.

Would also like to hear people's opinions on what haircut I should get. Right now my hair is just medium to long length and not really cut in any particular way, just the same length all around but I would like something that looks a little more stylish.

All replies much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fallen-kiss

for clothes ideas i'd say hnm for a start they have some edgy clothes at a reasonable price. if your in dublin temple bar is a good place to go. as for the hair i think Loreal-Color-Men.jpgor cerebrity_hairstyle.JPG maybe with a bit of colour. hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

HnM for guys ? *vomit*

topman, jervis centre.

Placebo wrote: »
    topman, jervis centre.

Grafton St. too, although the jervis one is bigger:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Can I just say this is the worst advice I've ever seen a poster on Boards get. Boink, Zac Efron or hair dye is not indie, neither is H&M "edgy" :D (still laughin at that one).

If the OP is still around I'll try give my best advice, but won't go into details yet if there's no point

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Are we sure of the OP's sex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Don't buy everything from the one shop, like one or two items from topman in an outfit can be nice, but if you dress head to toe in clothes from the same shop you'll look like you're trying too hard!

I suggst go out to somewhere like Dundrum where you have a load of shops under one roof and wander through them all, pick up clothes you like, and buy what you think looks good on you, your own style will develop naturally this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

Your best bet is to pick up a few key items, like a good pair of jeans or two (try BT2/Club Denim), two or three t-shirts (Zara/Bershka/Pull&Bear), a shirt that can be dressed up or down (Topman/House of Fraiser) and some funky shoes and accessories (Urban Outfitters)

The deal with indie is that if you 'try' to look indie, its quite obvious you havent a clue what your doing. The whole idea is to look and feel comfortable and confadent in what your wearing, without looking like you went to any effort.

A mix of designer/highly fashionable and cheeper basics are essintial to this look.

The only thing DD is missing that you might need is a Topman (and perhaps River Island Man) , but sure it has everything else, so you can't really go wrong :)

I want pictures when you're done lol!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭missingyou

boink, are you a guy or girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Boink08

Sorry the reply took so long, I thought this thread was dead... But yes, I am a guy :) And thanks for all the replies so far, some real useful information! Oh and yes, speedboatchase, some detailed advice would be fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

try river island, topman, zara, burton and jack jones

river island and zara for sort-of dressy stuff and the rest for more casual.

and for hair im IN LOVE with johnny's hair from the programme vanity lair on channel 4. its on, on a sunday at about 1 o clock i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

Be carefull with Jack Jones stuff.... It can look very knackery very easilly lol

Advertisement