Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help

Options
  • 13-03-2008 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i have been redundant since oct07 and have been claiming js benefit my wife does a full time healthcare course with fas and i stay at home during the day to mind our two year old child.we were both working in the same place and we were made redundant at the same time.she decided she wanted to do a course which is fine.....my problem is last month the social welfare called me in to wonder why i wasnt working and i tried to explain that i mind the child and that i cannot take up full time work until my wife finishes her course in july. i was told that i have to be available for full time work.that the social welfare are not interseted in the human side of things and my payment is in jeopardy..............it would not pay me to go back to work and put our child in a creche..what can i do.......please help:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

The office is right, you have to be looking for full-time employment and available to take up a full-time job. Your lucky that they haven't cut you off already. Can your wife not get a part-time job? if you do get a full-time job you might be entitled to F.I.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scitilop

tonto - all you need to do is to apply for jobs and receive a rejection letter which you can then submit to the SW office to show that you are fulfilling the requirement for "Actively Seeking Work"

Advertisement