Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adidas goggles,sraps keep breaking !

Options
  • 13-03-2008 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

can i get replacments?:confused:

this is my first post in this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,138 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

you can be replacement straps, maybe nor adidas one, but generic ones,
    if you are semi-serious about swimming you might consider getting a "swim" brand, generally better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 redheadireland

any idea were to get them?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Speedo or Aquasphere.

Or ask to see the lost and found in your local pool, then nick a strap, most places don't give out goggles in case of eye infections etc. and most goggles lost are never "found" so try nicking a strap from a pair that have been there for ages..... Its what I'd do TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Or ask to see the lost and found in your local pool, then nick a strap, most places don't give out goggles in case of eye infections etc. and most goggles lost are never "found" so try nicking a strap from a pair that have been there for ages..... Its what I'd do TBH

Yeah good call. Or just ditch the addidas ones i've never come accross a good pair by them. Stick with speedo, they're the best with a huge range to fit most face types. Addidas do some things very well, goggles are not one of them. Their trunks are not too bad though, have had a few pairs of them but wouldn't use anytjhing outside the speedo "endurance" range now. Man they hold up real well in chlorine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I'm also a speedo kind of girl. Luckily their cheapest ones fit me perfectly. I think they are €9 a pair in arnotts.Some other people I know wear by aquasphere so it can be a matter of trial and error.

Good idea on using the lost and found for a spare strap though. Another "cheap" trick is to ask triathlete friends for swim caps. There isn't a triathlete in the country without a drawer full of swim caps from races.

• Advertisement
Advertisement