Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I purchase

Options
  • 13-03-2008 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi, Looking to buy a GPS system but I've no clue what to go for, anyone out there got some recommendations.

Now I don't want to spend a fortune on a system but would like a reliable one. Looking for one that obviously works well for the UK and Ireland but also one that's easily updated for when I take random trips to europe (spain and france)

thanks
    T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭WUSBDesign

The Garmin ones are quite popular, so if you are set on a Garmin (for whatever reason), then consider if you need the following:
    - Bluetooth (for hands-free calling with mobile phone)
    - vocal directions using street names

The latter feature is very useful if you prefer to hear "Take the next left turn onto Dublin Street." instead of "Take the next left turn..."

BTW, I have a Nuvi 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

tmalmb wrote: »
    Hi, Looking to buy a GPS system but I've no clue what to go for, anyone out there got some recommendations.

Now I don't want to spend a fortune on a system but would like a reliable one. Looking for one that obviously works well for the UK and Ireland but also one that's easily updated for when I take random trips to europe (spain and france)

thanks
    T

I would suggest the Nuvi 250 then,

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfullat.asp?productcode=ECE1445677#spec

full european street level maps, €160 from Elara if you pick it up. Bought mine a couple of weeks ago, really like it, very easy to use, and been pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to use. It also uses Navteq maps, which as I understand it are the best for Irish use.

Advertisement