Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye of the Stoem BG

Options
  • 13-03-2008 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

How the hell does this place work ? I went in for the first time last night and its confusing me. At one point we held 3 towers but they were still scoring ??!

Can someone explain to me the basics of this place, as id like to get my rep up if possible.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

there is the basic 4 towers you can control. you get points for holding them like in arathi basin. but also there is a flag in teh center of the map that you get points for picking up and returning to a base you control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

What he said ^^

Best plan is take the 4 towers and let them control the flag area :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ah i see. Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

The flag is almost pointless,

Its a lazy attempt by blizz to add a new type of BG,

By mixing WSG and AB into one mess.

Take 3 nodes and hold them = win

Ignore the flag.

best plan is control the 3 and then get some other folks in teh group to just annoy the folks trying to pick up the flag. i just dot them up and run away.. just to annoy them a little and retreat if they try attack a tower :)

• Advertisement

splinter wrote: »
    best plan is control the 3 and then get some other folks in teh group to just annoy the folks trying to pick up the flag. i just dot them up and run away.. just to annoy them a little and retreat if they try attack a tower :)

Sneaky :p

Shame my huntard only has one dot :( How i wish my warlock was lvl 70 now.

ahh but being a hunter you can concussion shot and annoythe hell out of people :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Flag is pointless I love when i get into a bg and see the apposing team zerging the middle it's an instant win for us.

3 nodes = win flag is only good if both teams have good defence at respective towers then it becomes a flag game or else it 1800 each and each team have 2 nodes.

Cheers for the tips lads, i have one other question. What is the quickest way to farm honor ? As i need about another 130k more for my full pvp set and mount.

pvp set... hmm hang on for 2.4 and have a look at the Badges and rep pvp sets :) details on wowhead and mmo-champion. fastest honour is always AV im afraid and doing the daily BG. but fast doesnt mean enjoyable, i farmed most of honour defending in WSG :)

• Advertisement

I would hang on, but im in desperate need of new gear. Trying to collect the rest of this beast lord set is damn hard. Luckily i like AV the best, not fussed on wsg or eots at all. I Have 58 of these spirit shards, but the rings are no better then what i have. Also, is it worth my time killing everyone i come across, or should i just concentrate on killing galv and thek(sp) ?

if you want to kill alliance/horde go defend. if you dont, go attack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Im 66 now should i bg at 69 or just push on to 70 and then start. realistically how long would it take for a full gladiator set.

Im 66 now should i bg at 69 or just push on to 70 and then start. realistically how long would it take for a full gladiator set.

Get in the BG now, its never to early to get honour. The full glad set will cost you about 100 marks and 170k honor. On average you should be able to pull in 10k honor a night if you are prepared to do the same thing for a few hours.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Full S1 gladiator is about 65-70k not 170k.

Also, grinding BG's, AV in particular, is akin to having a tooth removed. But grinding AV before level 70 is akin to having a tooth removed through your ass...

Wait till level 70, it will make it easier to get kills, easier to not die and more fun in general.

Ivan wrote: »
    Full S1 gladiator is about 65-70k not 170k.

Also, grinding BG's, AV in particular, is akin to having a tooth removed. But grinding AV before level 70 is akin to having a tooth removed through your ass...

Wait till level 70, it will make it easier to get kills, easier to not die and more fun in general.

Sweet, i dont need as much honour as i was told. But i still stand by going to the BG early, even if you get 300 points per BG its better then nothing. And will certainly help you when you want to buy the gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

It's close to 170 if you're throwing in vindicators + rings and trinkets + staff/mace/ and off handers and ranged :D

Afk bot alterac valley = winner.

Hang on till season 4 and get s2 gear

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Vindicators, by virtue of the fact that its called Vindicators... isnt gladiators s1 gear :p

no one knows when Season 4 will be released so its up2u whether to wait or not

edited to add a link:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5288581012&postId=52353696066&sid=1#16

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Anti wrote: »
    Also, is it worth my time killing everyone i come across, or should i just concentrate on killing galv and thek(sp) ?

OMG READ ME

• Advertisement

Dustaz wrote: »

Heh, i completly forgot about that thread:p

Advertisement