Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteers - Africa - HIV / AIDS Global Awareness Programme

Options
  • 13-03-2008 7:46am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Please note - the information below is the text of an email which was forwarded on to me by a friend who thought I might be interested ... I have no connection with EIL and no additional information on this project.

Unfortunately, I will not be at liberty to participate, but I thought some people here might be interested.

Mods: I did have a glance at the charter and didn't see any problem with posting this, but I'm not familiar with this forum, so if I have trampled on any unwritten rule of thumb re: what it's appropriate to post, my apologies and please delete. :)

"Once in a lifetime opportunity: Volunteers needed to travel to Africa for action on HIV and AIDS

Cork-based organisation EIL Intercultural Learning is looking for four people to participate in its 2008 Global Awareness Programme. This is a training, volunteering and awareness raising project focusing on HIV and AIDS.

The four people chosen for the 2008 programme will attend training on HIV & AIDS issues in Ireland, volunteer for 8 weeks in a key HIV & AIDS organisation in South Africa or Nigeria and plan and implement an awareness raising campaign around HIV & AIDS on their return to Ireland.

This is a heavily subsidised programme and applications are open to anyone over 18 years of age. They must be committed to learning more about the issue of HIV & AIDS, be mature and responsible and willing to think outside the box.

The closing date for applications is 2 April at 1pm.

For more information, log onto www.eilireland.org, contact Laura on (021) 4551535 or laura@eilireland.org.

Who we are: EIL is a worldwide intercultural learning organisation founded in 1932. It is the oldest educational exchange organisation in the world, operating in over 30 countries and involving over 30,000 people each year in a variety of cultural integration programmes. It is a non-profit, non-religious and non-political organisation which was introduced to Ireland in 1960. EIL was designated a ‘Peace Messenger Organisation’ by the United Nations in 1989 and has consultative status at the Council of Europe and the UN Economic and Social Council. EIL is also a member of the National Youth Council of Ireland."

Advertisement