Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lovebirds

Options
  • 12-03-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hello there i have two lovebirds that just seem to mimic everything but not my voice anyone got any advice?:confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

As far as I know lovebirds are not known to be really good talkers. Birds in pairs also seem to talk less than single birds.

Yeah you will be lucky to get them to talk alright. Beautiful birds but known for the talking im afrade. you might get a couple of words out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

As a general rule, if you have only one bird and have it from a young age you're more likely to get it to talk. If you have a pair it's way less likely because it has the other bird to keep it company and is less likely to be after your attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

tallus wrote: »
    As a general rule, if you have only one bird and have it from a young age you're more likely to get it to talk. If you have a pair it's way less likely because it has the other bird to keep it company and is less likely to be after your attention.

+1

Advertisement