Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Employed Tax Refund

Options
  • 12-03-2008 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

So just submitted my Form 11 for my self employed annual tax returns (which is ridiculous since i didnt do ANY business through my company last year) and I am owed a good bit of tax back due to over paying PAYE last year- before you ask my numbers are right!!!

So how long will it take to see the money? Has anyone had any experiences with tax refunds for self employed individuals? Did you get audited or did a check just turn up?

any info would be great, need to know if i need a loan for the next couple of months as I am a student now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Recently got some refunds for clients for 2007 returns - cheques took about two weeks to arrive after filing returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eggie

I would generally expect to see it within 4 weeks. If not phone, or even better, if you have the time schedule a meeting with a representative in their office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

all depends on whether you filed on line wih ROS or filed a paper return

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

RoryW wrote: »
    all depends on whether you filed on line wih ROS or filed a paper return

sorry should have made that clear; filed it online with ROS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

it won't take long after your tax return got assessed. if you've provided your bank account details during when you're filing the return - the refund will go in quicker than receiving a cheque.

Marty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

nice one thanks all!

Advertisement