Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to kennels

Options
  • 12-03-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm posting for a friend who is going away soon on holiday and is looking for an alternative to kenels for her 8 year old rough collie. The dog has never been in kennels before so she is reluctant to put her in now.

She is in Dublin, but I'm sure she would travel. If anybody knows of an alternative please let me know.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Hi, I'm posting for a friend who is going away soon on holiday and is looking for an alternative to kenels for her 8 year old rough collie. The dog has never been in kennels before so she is reluctant to put her in now.

She is in Dublin, but I'm sure she would travel. If anybody knows of an alternative please let me know.

Thanks.

I have heard of a dog trainer who will also house sit for you ie he will walk the dog and spend a few hours watching tv in your house with your dogs and then go home and come back in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

What about a house sitter/pet sitter? That way the dog gets to stay in its own home

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I think she wants the dog to have someone there most of the time, as it is, she has company most of the day and the family don't want to leave her alone for long periods. Does anyone know of someone who will take the dog into their home and treat it as their own for the two weeks? Sort of like kennels but in the home instead of in a run out the back? Or a live in house/dog sitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

Hi,
    My dogs are staying with a lady called Tara in Ratoath Co.Meath for 5 weeks in the summer, even though I have never used her before I would reccommend her as I have been talking to her alot and she asks loads of questions and has a very detailed entry form so that she knows exactly what the dog likes/dislikes etc. Her e-mail address is Tara@dogtrainingireland.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh great, do the dogs stay in her home with her? Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

yeah they stay in her house she has a 'doggie room' were they all sleep in crates or in whatever they sleep in at home, and she has bean bags in the sitting room for them to sit on in the evenings and watch tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

merryhappy wrote: »
    Hi,
    My dogs are staying with a lady called Tara in Ratoath Co.Meath for 5 weeks in the summer, even though I have never used her before I would reccommend her as I have been talking to her alot and she asks loads of questions and has a very detailed entry form so that she knows exactly what the dog likes/dislikes etc. Her e-mail address is Tara@dogtrainingireland.ie

Your dogs are lucky!! Tara is training our fellas ! They'll have a great time!

Advertisement