Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stairs - Timber and Design recommendations

Options
  • 12-03-2008 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi - currently looking at sourcing stairs for a new self-build but wanted to get some opinions on the quality of timber quoted for as well as cut/closed string recommensations.
    I have received the following quotes for a 2 turn staircase, cut-string:
    White oak: roughly €7000 +VAT
    Ash: roughly 5500 + VAT
    price includes supply and fit of staircase. I like the look of the ash staircase - can anyone advise on the durability?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭secman

Do A Search Here For Stairs - Self Build, Go To Page 1 And There Is Info On Prices And Also Some Pics On White Oak Stairs.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

Just posted a reply on another thread on similar subject - try Art Francais who make non-standard wooden stairs from various woods. Quality work I think and very different to what others are offering.
    www.artfrancais-stairs.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Brandon B

Connacht wrote: »
    Just posted a reply on another thread on similar subject - try Art Francais who make non-standard wooden stairs from various woods. Quality work I think and very different to what others are offering.
    www.artfrancais-stairs.com

This company is fare too expensive!!!!!
    16 000 Euros for a spiral stair !!!!:mad:

Even if they say that they do a good job who could afford to spend that much money on a simple staircase....

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi Brandon, expense is all relative to your own personal wealth! But I agree 16k is a wee bit on the expensive side.The post you refer to is 11mths old so prices may of come down to todays more realisticness;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Hmm, prices are well oveboard.
    I would say less than 4 K for Ash and approx 5.5K for the Oak.

• Advertisement
Advertisement