Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

updated maps for magellan 300

Options
  • 12-03-2008 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

firstly i'll state that i'm a total gps novice - tried one for the first time ever yesterday.

now i'll cut to the chase. doing a lot of travelling in the uk next week and i've borrowed a gps (magellan roadmate 300) to help us find where we're going. however while testing the unit out last night we realised that the maps included are so old that the m50 (rathfarnham to bray) has yet to come into existence. this has us a little worried. so does anyone know how we'd go about finding updated maps?

any help much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 spline

It's only in the last 18 months that detailed road data for Ireland has been available to GPS manufacturers which is why you're finding some gaps.

The 300 has been around for a year or two, so it's lacking features from some of the more recent offerings from the likes of Garmin, Tom Tom &c &c... postcode input, for example (try finding Newcastle University, whose postcode is NE1 7RU).

A cheaper option would be to buy an up-to-date road atlas at the first petrol station you find and trust (a) your eyes (b) the atlas and (c) the GPS, in that order.

Advertisement