Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless connection problems

Options
  • 12-03-2008 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

Hi,

still having issues with my wireless internet connection. I am on a network with a house next door where the wireless server is located. My laptop recognises the connection but won't connect at all. This started happening last week but if i turned the computer off and then on it would automatically connect to the network. I have tried manually connecting to the network too but nothing.

Anyone any ideas please???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Have you permission to connect to the wireless next door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

looks like your neighbours got wise :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

No i have permission. i pay them every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Have your neighbours changed/introduced encryption on the router ? Can you connect to or see the other computers on the network ? Is it just internet connection sharing that isnt working ?

When i first started using the network i had a network key. So i think thats what you mean by encrypted? Ny laptop can see the network but it won't connect automatically like it used to. It won't even connect when i try to manually connect. I get no error on screen just "unable to connect to network"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Think you should try a system restore to a point when your computer worked previously, many a time that facility has gotten me out of trouble!

Well it suddenly started working again yesterday after a week on the blink.
    Wierd.

Advertisement