Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS reciever recommendations

Options
  • 12-03-2008 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    I need to get a a hand held gps or a gps reciever that I can take track data off of the track data must have time and position. I want to geo-tag photos.

bluetooth would be nice but not essential

any recommendations or warnings would be welcomed

thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I've used a Magellan Sportrax in the past for geocaching and the're quiet good. It allows you to download the route covered, altitudes, times etc onto laptop afterwards. They also float in water!!! Quiet cheap on ebay these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Garmin eTrex models will store tracks or logs which can be uploaded using Garmin Mapsource and each point in the log has average speed, direction of travel, altitude and date and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Thanks for the replies that is pretty much what I was looking for don't want to go to the expense of buying the hand set and find out that I cannot get the track off.

Advertisement