Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC1 - programme on illegal dog fighting

Options
  • 11-03-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

BBC are doing a repeat of the Spotlight programme on illegal dogfighting which caused outrage.

It's on BBC1 (or perhaps its 2) at 10.35pm tonight, 11 March

I didn't see it when it was first broadcast, but I heard it was disturbing so consider yourself warned.

Why isn't more being done to stamp out this appalling practise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

just saw that now.It was terrible,makes me sick when they look at their dog fighting and at the same time smiling,"bite him there "etc id say it was heart breaking to see such cruelity.bast@@ds they are,they should nver able to have any animals for life as one of them got 5 year ban from having such pets its not long enough,still they do it again somewhere else,what a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Watched a bit of it last night - had to turn away. The punishments weren't half harsh enough for those psycho b******s! What went wrong with them that they find such cruelty to be fun?

I presume its still going on around the place. Has there been any new legislation introduced, as mentioned was going to happen at the end of the programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

davey180 wrote: »
    just saw that now.It was terrible,makes me sick when they look at their dog fighting and at the same time smiling,"bite him there "etc id say it was heart breaking to see such cruelity.bast@@ds they are,they should nver able to have any animals for life as one of them got 5 year ban from having such pets its not long enough,still they do it again somewhere else,what a shame.

That was the Finnish man, he also got a 6mth discharged sentence, nice to see that the Finnish authorities take dog-fighting seriously *sarcasm*

Advertisement