Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curly Hair Problem

Options
  • 11-03-2008 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I have pretty curly hair, which for years I have wahed and blowdried each day.... Its bobbed with layers and when I let it dry it is in loose curls... I like it when its like that and I do get a lot of compliments as its pretty fashionable to have loose defined curls right now. My problem is that the products for curly hair are very heavy.... The leave the curls nice and distinctive but the roots get greasy looking as the day goes on....

Does anyone have any idea of a very light weight product which will produce defined curls but not look greasy....

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I had the same problem but now I use Pantene Curl Mousse but dont go near the roots. I also use the boots curl spray when my curls need a boost (and it smells nice)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

I swear by Catwalk Curls Rock.

Buy it in Peter Marks, use the spray and the scrunch gel stuff, absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Thats great girls. I use the
    • John Freida shampoo, conditioner and curl spray.
    • Sunsilk shampoo and conditioner for curly hair and the
    • Kerastase curl spray

I wonder if its the curl sprays thats making it greasy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Could you just not put the spray on your roots? I'd say mousee would also be a safe bet for not creating grease.

Could you just not put the spray on your roots? I'd say mousee would also be a safe bet for not creating grease.

Well I dont..... I am sick of blowdrying my hair each day but dont want to look like I have a greasy mop every day.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

i use Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scruching Jelly (sold in boots)

I have tried loads of products and find it the best for my curls.

I rarely blow dry my hair and always try and get a trim every 4-6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Saibh wrote: »

With a sister and boyf with lovely curls, between them they tried the entire market of products, and this is, by far, the best product for lightweight hold and definition. It's abfab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

eviledna wrote: »
    With a sister and boyf with lovely curls, between them they tried the entire market of products, and this is, by far, the best product for lightweight hold and definition. It's abfab.

+1

Great news. Thanks - ill give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Corcaigh abu

I've tried everything including Kerastase oleo curl bain. This gives nice definition to curls and doesn't dry hair like some products. I've blonde curly hair and found though that it made it quiet dull. At the moment I'm using AVEDA Be Curly which is the best ever!! I think! You get fabulous curls, lots of bounce and volume and doesn't dull hair actually makes more shiny! The next day it you just have to dampen hands and run through hair to revive curls. So you get much longer out of your curls and just doesn't turn to frizz!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

The best products I have found and this is after years of trying different products are the frizz ease range so I now use the shampoo and conditioner and the mouse to define the girls. Its fantastic and the curls hold for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

Saibh wrote: »

I have tried loads of products and find it the best for my curls.

I rarely blow dry my hair and always try and get a trim every 4-6 weeks

I swear by this product too! Actually it was 'buy 2 for €9' last week in Boots! I find it really works on my curls and controls frizz!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Amanda

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Thats great girls. I use the
    • John Freida shampoo, conditioner and curl spray.
    • Sunsilk shampoo and conditioner for curly hair and the
    • Kerastase curl spray

I wonder if its the curl sprays thats making it greasy...

Sarah

I have curls too, I use a Kerestasse serum one from "Cats" Hair salon. It's a lotion, very liquidy as opposed to oily and not as heavy and greasy as any other serums I've used, you only need to put a little teensy bit into wet hair and it keeps it soft but not greasy, it's about € 20 and is in an orange tube, go in and they'll show you it! It's nice. Best of luck with it!

Advertisement