Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Julie Hawkins Taxation Book???

Options
  • 11-03-2008 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey all,have just started taxation with Griffith but the book we are using is diabolical, mistakes and misprints on every other page and everything really badly explained. Someone told me that Julie Hawkins in DBS wrote her own taxation book thats supposed to be brilliant but I can't find a way to get my hands on it...any ideas? thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

Tom Conlon has a book out, he's in UCD. I've always found it top notch. We used it last year in Tallaght but for some reason changed to Griffiths book this year and I agree it is beyond a joke the number of times you spot mistakes!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sophiemai

Hey Leon, I'm glad its not just me who hates the book! It makes studying so much harder when you don't trust any of the answers! Can the Tom Conlon book be bought as normal or is it just something he gives out to students?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Irish Income Tax by Judge is the bible for income tax. I'm not sure about other tax area's.

Advertisement