Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: Centre Fire Semi Auto

• 11-03-2008 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Lo Folk,

Anyone out there looking to sell a centre fire semi auto?

Looking for something along the lines of what oberland arms sell. I'd buy one straight from them, but they told me last week that they no longer sell to Ireland because the authorities mess about too much with the paper work :eek:

Have been shooting for years and have a number of guns already but very curious to have a go with one of these.

Can go as high as €2700 for the right rifle. Dunno if this is too low for anything in this category.

Hopefully someone will be interested in letting theirs go :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭damo03

Not nearly 100% sure but dont think ya can get one of them licensed over here.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 meta005

No you can, seen a few on ranges already and a few ppl on the board have confirmed as well that you can in fact get licensed for them here at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

meta005 wrote: »
    Lo Folk,

Anyone out there looking to sell a centre fire semi auto?

Looking for something along the lines of what oberland arms sell. I'd buy one straight from them, but they told me last week that they no longer sell to Ireland because the authorities mess about too much with the paper work :eek:

Have been shooting for years and have a number of guns already but very curious to have a go with one of these.

Can go as high as €2700 for the right rifle. Dunno if this is too low for anything in this category.

Hopefully someone will be interested in letting theirs go :)

try www. shoot.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭damo03

My mistake meta sorry about that.
    What would accurracy be like with one compared to a bolt action just out of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,079 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Import one from the USA for that kind of money.And have one built to your specs as well. With them being at the moment in short supply here,expect to pay stupid money for one IF you can find one for sale.

Oberland are very nice,but you are paying for German engineering in extremis.The AR15 does Not need to be so precisely engineered or the uppers and lowers machined out of the same block of steel.. I mean you can buy 75% finished lowers in the USA ,and build your own from bits.
    If you want tobuy in Europe,that money will get you a Rols Royce of black guns .The SIG 90sporter.Semi auto copy of the current Swiss army rifle.

You dont need any other rifle then in 223,as it is claimed to be as accurate as some turnbolts.If you want a total dead accurate rifle within mortal means,stick with a target bolt action.If you have huge money to play with for a totally accurate semi ...Go a HK PSG1[about 8.5K] or aWalther Wa 2000.Last one I saw was Ex German SEK police stock at a snip of 20k:eek:
    Within more reasonable money a target upper for an Ar15 will knock you about 1000USD.and then it is a question can you out shoot the gun.Or wilt he gun outshoot you? Are they fun.?Deffo!Would I have one as soon as practical rifle is up and running here,my semi PC california AK,is on the way.Anyone wants it, offers under 2 grand not considerd.:D:D:D:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 meta005

Hehe many thanks for that very informative reply Grizzly :)

Was talking to a local gun dealer this morning and he was saying come first of May the restricted firearms list will be enacted and according to him, and kind of semi auto centre fire will be a nigh impossible to get licensed once that goes trough :S

Anyone have any opinions on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,079 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Yeah,
    and I heard from dealers that it would be impossible to get handguns registerd here as well. NAAAAK sorry !wrong guess.

Then it would be impossible to get any rifle liscensed over .308
    NAAAK wrong again!

Then it would be impossible to get any ammo for such guns.
    NAAAK wrong again!!

You would wonder do Irish gun dealers want to sell anything at all anymore???Fact is Irish gun dealersshould be pushing with their organisation to be able tosell all the stuff. ASFICS it is liscenseable once you have good enough reason.If they cant be botherd selling the guns or dont want the hassle .There is NOTHING stopping you from importing it yourself.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement