Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Infection!!

Options
  • 11-03-2008 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I have been having problems with a tooth for over a year. I got it filled in Dec '06 and it was almost a root canal. I was in pain for a while after and the tooth is still sensitive. I had severe pain in it last June and visited a new dentist, she couldn't see anything on the X-Rays, the filling looked fine and there was no infection. Since then I have had really bad jaw pain for a weekend, like someone was sticking a needle into my jaw bone and pain killers didn't work. This too went away. Since then I have had sensitive teeth and gums and now I have a gum boil which I'm hoping isn't an abscess. Also looking back I got a very bad throat infection ( about 2 days after the tooth was filled and I'm wondering now if this is all related.

The repeated visits to the dentist are really annoying and costing me a fortune.
    If it turns out I have an abscess do I have any comeback with the dentists for missing it or for causing the infection.

Should I be looking for a new dentist? or is it normal for them to keep missing something like this?

Thanks

V:eek:

Advertisement