Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick translation

Options
  • 11-03-2008 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

I have been looking for the exact translation of the following term - I can sort of guess from the context what is meant but I am concerned that I can't find it on leo or in a legal translation memory:
    "weiterveräußerbare Lizenz"
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Not 100% sure but I think it it's related to the financial services sector. Think it's a licence that enables you to trade shares "over the counter".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kanzler

you can sell a licence which you`ve had bought already to another person or company or whatever. that`s it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kanzler

example: it is not possible to sell your own driver licence. but it is possible to sell your own licence for your off licence. "weiterveräußerbare" means: you can sell it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭sh_o

Thanks for your help! So I suppose the closest thing would be a "transferable licence".

Regards,
    Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

sh_o wrote: »
    Thanks for your help! So I suppose the closest thing would be a "transferable licence".

Regards,
    Shane

Yeah, that's how I'd translate it aswell. Don't know why I thought it had anything to do with shares. Must be getting a bit rusty!:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement