Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Show - Paddys Day

Options
  • 11-03-2008 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Ive heard loads of people talking about the big dog show on Paddys Day and after watching Crufts last weekend I really want to start showing some of my lovable doggies so want to go and check out the competition!!!

Only one problem.....I have no idea where it is! I think its somewhere over the north side but maybe somebody could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

(Oh, I already tried the kennel club website but couldn't get anywhere!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

Cloughran, the National Show Centre.
    it's near the airport at the end of the M50 knda towars swords
    Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Country-Bumpkin

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

In previous years you had to sign up for entry in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Country-Bumpkin

Yeah I know, I just want to check out the competition. Not showing mine yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Its a great day out, lots of lovely dogs, lots of really really weird people in really really ridiculous clothes. Have you seen the movie "Best In Show"?

Its not an exaggeration of the show scene at all. Hilarious stuff, the bitching, the snide remarks, obsessive owners, freakish men, freakier women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

lightening wrote: »
    Its a great day out, lots of lovely dogs, lots of really really weird people in really really ridiculous clothes. Have you seen the movie "Best In Show"?

Its not an exaggeration of the show scene at all. Hilarious stuff, the bitching, the snide remarks, obsessive owners, freakish men, freakier women.

Sounds like fun, what time does this kick off at?

Its on all weekend dude, different days do different groups. Great place to pick up bedding, leads, books etc... ikc.ie should have the info.

Are you sure this is on? I cant seem to find any info on what days and what time anywhere

Yeah... mos deff.

Its a couple of past the airport, keep following signs to Belfast, it will be well signposted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SledDogsIreland

Its def on the 17th. If you buzz ikc tomorrow on 014533300 they will confirm. Also re getting there: if you got to the airport roundabout(the one with the spike) take the swords exit, and then at the next roundabout you take the last exit. It kinda looks like you are going down a small little road. Just as you exit the roundabout its there on your left. Get there early as judging starts at 9am and it will be crazy busy. If you cant make the paddys day show, there is another championship show on the 22nd march. Its a great day out

• Advertisement

If it starts at 9, then thats perfect for buying loads of toys for myself and the dogs and still leaves loads of time to get to Croker.

Thanks guys

Killme00 wrote: »
    still leaves loads of time to get to Croker.s

Another Dublin Paddy's day institution! Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

The dog show is only on the 17th for one day. Judging starts at 8.30am I am showing myself. there are rings inside and outside. i think the car park is €5. U are not allowed to bring your own dogs, unless they are being shown themselves. it is quite a big show so i would gom early if you are going.

andreac wrote: »
    U are not allowed to bring your own dogs, unless they are being shown themselves.

Are you sure? I remember seeing loads of scruffs there before, mongrels, neutered dogs etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

100% SURE.
    I show all the time and unless your dog is entered at these champ shows you are not allowed to bring your own dog. its the rules at all shows that are run by the IKC. if you go to showdogsireland.com the schedule for the show is down the bottom under show list. if open the schedule on page 6 it says that "only dogs entered in this show are allowed on the show grounds"

Advertisement