Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MVHR Documentation and Diagrams

Options
  • 11-03-2008 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Folks,

The next item I want to do some research on is MVHR and I just wanted to know if any of the guys on here know of any good links for information on how these systems are setup and work.

Questions that are on my mind are...

1. What size does the ducting need to be.
    2. Do you put vents in every room. Some extraction, some output, or both ?
    3. Does the system run constant.
    4. What is the ducting made out of.
    5. Where should the ducting be run.
    6. Where should the heat recovery unit be located. Must it be the attic ?

I need something that will give me a good overview of the system but backs it up with a little technical detail...

Any suggestions for resources are VERY welcome !

Baud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,116 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

bauderline wrote: »
    1. What size does the ducting need to be.
    2. Do you put vents in every room. Some extraction, some output, or both ?
    3. Does the system run constant.
    4. What is the ducting made out of.
    5. Where should the ducting be run.
    6. Where should the heat recovery unit be located. Must it be the attic ?
    I'm not sure of a dedicated online source, but someone might know. For now i'll give a answer to each based on my limited knowledge.

1. Size of ducting will vary from system to system, and in some cases depending on loading.
    2. Vents are in all habitable rooms. Generally some extract and others feed in. Some systems will run both to most rooms.
    3. There is going to be background running, some systems may allow zoned running, but i'm not sure.
    4. I've seen rigid polymer ducts for risers, as well as spring ducts with a plyable polymer outer.
    5. It should run as straight as possible, with bens kept to a minimun. Max angle and radis of bends will depend on ducting used.
    6. It doesn't need to be the attic, but as I said ducting should be as straight as possible. The easiest way to do this is to have it in the attic as all points can rise to here.

edit: Oh, and moved to the new RE forum

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Thanks Mellor, that's a good start for me !

I was going to post in the renewables forum but I didn't think it was a renewable technology really as its been around for some time. But its as good here as in the main forum.

Thanks again !

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,116 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, I was unsure myself, and agree that its not a renewable energy, but it is a linked technology, and the interests is from the same base.

Advertisement