Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tapas evening

Options
  • 11-03-2008 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

just an update on the earlier thread re; what kind of restaurant dundalk missing. Tastebuds on Park st are having Tapas Evenings to test the popularity of it. Their turning it into a Tapas Bar Thurs Friday and Saturday night of this Week to see if theres call for full time Tapas. Check it out.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I will. Tastebuds? Where are they or what did it used to be?

Thanks btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

has always been tastebuds i think. just down from Jade Garden, right beside abrakebabra. Deli/ Cafe during the day, make up lovely greek salads etc to take away, yum yum. friend of mine works in argus, apparantly advert in for this week to publicise.

Ah, I know it. Never been in there [/for shame]

I'll try it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

bettedavis wrote: »
    has always been tastebuds i think. just down from Jade Garden, right beside abrakebabra. Deli/ Cafe during the day, make up lovely greek salads etc to take away, yum yum. friend of mine works in argus, apparantly advert in for this week to publicise.

Can't remember ever seeing the place but have you any idea how late it stays open?? Is it usually open at night??

Cheers for the heads up..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

When you say "bar"... will it have a full licence or just wine?

Sounds great! Will try and make it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

theres an advert in the dining out section of the argus today referencing it.
    Spanish and mex evenings from 6-10 thur-sun. nearly sure they dont have a bar licence but i think they're doing complimentary wine.

Well there was no complimentary wine there last night. I did enjoyed the tapas though.

Their tempura was lovely and light. The breads were all lovely and fresh, though last night was the first night so you would expect them to be. The stuffed chilli's weren't on which was slightly disappointing, the friendly waitress told me they'd be in soon though. There wasn't a wide range of tapas so if they want to keep it going , they'll need to change the menu frequently to keep the regulars interested or just add more options. They also should get some fresh fish onto the tapas menu imo, they had a seafood plater of sorts but it wasn't on the tapas menu, calamari, prawns are simple additions that are quick, easy and taste fantastic.

All in all, we enjoyed it and would go back should they decide to run with it. Must send a few friends round too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

is it expensive. does it come in courses or is it like all you can eat for a set price. like the idea of tapas but never tried.

MsMolly wrote: »
    is it expensive. does it come in courses or is it like all you can eat for a set price. like the idea of tapas but never tried.

It comes what ever way you want tbh. In Spain/Barcelona, they bring you the course as soon as they're cooked unless you specify otherwise. In my experience, they don't generally wait to serve them all together, or break them down into starter, main course etc.

You can go and order one course, if your still hungry then order another, alternatively you can order 2 or 3 courses at once, so the cost can vary widely.

I think the tapas last night were any where between €7-€9. It can add up quickly if 2 people have a couple of tapas each. The plate of mixed meat & veg was €21 iirc. Hope this helps :)

Advertisement