Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NON portable media players....

Options
  • 11-03-2008 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Greetings,

hope I'm in the right place :), if not my apologies.

I'm looking into buying one of those 500gig media players that can connect to the pc and also to the tv. I basically want to use it to watch divX files and such on the tele.

What I'm wondering about:

DivX and all them codecs are being updated at a more or less regular basis... do I simply copy the new codec onto the media player into whereever they store the codecs, or is that more elaborate, like updarting firmware or such ? (Which would suck of course, cause I dont really want to rely on manufacturers for codec updates)

Can somebody explain that to me and possibly point me at a resource that compares players ? (All I want is a load of gig, a no frill interface and the ability to update codecs easily... oh yes... and them pigs.. they'll need to fly as well... :D )

Help would be very appreciated

ta

Advertisement