Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin Wireless Router

Options
  • 10-03-2008 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi All
    Can someone please help I've been trying to log onto the site that belkin uses to set ur password 192.168.2.1and it keeps returning an error saying time out.So now I have the router set up and its open for all to piggyback on.:(

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭WalkOn

D..... wrote: »
    Hi All
    Can someone please help I've been trying to log onto the site that belkin uses to set ur password 192.168.2.1and it keeps returning an error saying time out.So now I have the router set up and its open for all to piggyback on.:(

Any help would be great.

Can you ping the router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 D.....

How do i ping it? Its setup but i cant place a password on it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Reset the router and connect it to your PC using a network cable and then try accessing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭murphman

irlrobins wrote: »
    Reset the router and connect it to your PC using a network cable and then try accessing it again.

Hi,
    I'm having problems with my router aswell - was working ok but now I can't access the setup page 192.168.2.1 - I've tried pinging it but it times out.
    Tried hard reset with pin hole at back but still no joy. I have my laptop connected with network cable. Network cable is fine as I've checked this on another system..

When I do "ipconfig /all" it seems to see the belkin router ok but It does say at the end the lease expiry date is Jan 1903??? Could this be my problem and how can I sort this? DHCP and Auto config are enabled. I've tried alot to get into router setup page but no joy.. Please help..

What model number is your router?

• Advertisement

What model number is your router?

Hi, its a belkin wireless cable/dsl gateway router model# F5D7230-4

WEll if you've reset the router to the factory settings using the pinhole then the ip address of the web interface is def 192.168.2.1 as you tried.

I presume that when you have the router connected to the laptop, the laptop is set to recieve an ip address automatically (using dhcp), and that it isn't connected to any other network devices or wireless networks?

according to the "ipconfig /all" it recieves an ip address from the router. Its not connected to another network while i'm connected to this problem router?? Do you think that lease expiry date Jan 1903 is related to the problem??

Try assigning an ip address manually to the laptop. Use 192.168.2.100 and subnet 255.255.255.0. See if it can access 192.168.2.1 then

Try assigning an ip address manually to the laptop. Use 192.168.2.100 and subnet 255.255.255.0. See if it can access 192.168.2.1 then

will try it now - and see how I get on.

• Advertisement

before i test out what you said I've screen snapped my ip config.. ipconfigsettings.JPG

Out of interest, before you go to static ip, try accessing 192.168.1.1 in your browser

I've tried several times - as the default gateway is 192.168.1.1 but still no joy?? tried setting static ip as u requested gateway set to 192.168.2.1, didn't know what to set the dns server so i just left it blank.. Didn't work as i set it that way.. should the dns be set to something in particular??

ipconfigsettings1.JPG

Something odd here. Normally if a router has the ip address 192.168.2.1, then you would expect it to give out ip address in the same range. So in your first screenshot, I'd would have expected the laptop to have ip address 192.168.2.3 and gateway and dns set to 192.168.2.1 (the router's ip address).

Are you sure you reset the router ot the factory settings? (Hold the reset button in for 10 secs?)

Of course this could well be explained that anything made by Belkin is just shit.

Something odd here. Normally if a router has the ip address 192.168.2.1, then you would expect it to give out ip address in the same range. So in your first screenshot, I'd would have expected the laptop to have ip address 192.168.2.3 and gateway and dns set to 192.168.2.1 (the router's ip address).

Are you sure you reset the router ot the factory settings? (Hold the reset button in for 10 secs?)

Of course this could well be explained that anything made by Belkin is just shit.

I've reset several times for 10-20 secs, lights all flicker and connection to pc seems to reconnect ( computer in bottom right say - cable unplugged and then resets).. I've heard about belkin giving problems.. This router used to work but just stopped giving me access to the setup - unless I changed something i shouldn't have..

I might just try set the static ips again but to 192.168.1.100 instead .2.100.... I'll set the dns to 192.168.1.1

Well even if you had changed something on teh router, once you factory reset it , everything changes back to the default settings, which would mean the router has an ip address of 192.168.2.1.

Maybe try running winsock fix in case your laptop is mucked. Indeed, try connecting another PC to the router and see how it gets on.

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I set it as i said in my last post and now i can view the steup page but its 192.168.1.1 why would that change to that and not .2???? Could I do a reset on the setup page or something to get it back I wonder.. Here is the settings i used..

ipconfigsettings2.JPG

ipconfigsettings3.JPG

Thank you loads for all your help in sorting this problem - my network understanding has improved big time!!

Might be an idea to update the firmware on the router, I think the current version is 6.00.21, you have V3 it would appear.

Might be an idea to update the firmware on the router, I think the current version is 6.00.21, you have V3 it would appear.

Will try do that tommorrow and see how i get on, cheers again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement