Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Sitting

Options
  • 10-03-2008 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

I am going away on holidays for two weeks and have asked the neighbours kids to mind my two cats. Not sure how old the kids are, I'd say about 13 or 14 I only moved to the area so dont know them. Anyway how much do you think I should give them for it? I was thinking about 100€ but my boyfriend thinks thats far too much! opionins(sp?) please:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Goffie

Not wanting to scare you - but you say you dont know these kids very well.
    Are you intending on giving them a key to your house?

Have you spoken to their parents and agreed they will oversee the kids minding your cats?

I would be very reluctant to leave my pets/s in the care of kids for two weeks. What happens should one of the cats get sick and they, through inexperiece, don't notice?

Your vet should have a list of people, such as qualified vet nurses, who do petsitting and you can be sure your cats will be safe and well cared for. It's not about the money, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Ya thats far to much, especially for cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Not about the money at all but I know the cats would hate being put out of the house, they barely leave as it is! I asked the Father to ask his kids and he assured me he would be overseeing them. Of course I will leave my vets deatails and contact details of other family members shoud a situation arise. I have seen the kids playing with the cats when the sit on the fence outside my house so Im sure they will take good care of them, but thanks for your corcern.

Advertisement