Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Grant?

Options
  • 10-03-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I apologise if this is in the incorrect forum, but I think it belongs here:confused:

I am 27 , and have worked from the age of 16 .I was part time from 16-22 ( school and college) and full time since then. I claimed unemployment for about 5 weeks in 2004. I want to change my career and may need to go back to university or college. I am just wondering if I would be entitled to some sort of grant to help with the costs of university and rent as I wouldn't be able to work full time . I asked a friend and she said she thinks I would have to be unemployed for 12 months before being entitled to a mature student grant, is that correct?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Maybe it should be in the below forum
    Read the stickies http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=667

The Back to Education Allowance requires you to be unemployed for 12 months for the Third level option. You won't get it if you already have a degree. Do a search for BTEA.

In addition you may not qualify for free fees from the state depending on your previous third level qualifications.

The 'Maintenance Grant' is separate and administered by the county council and this is based on your income for the previous year

Advertisement