Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very simple monitor question

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

xbox yes, but you'll need to get the vga cable (€20 approx) tv not unless yours has a form of tv input RF connection etc, and wii no (but not sure if they to vga cables for that havent seen any) i assume your using a pc on it also so it would mean switching cables with the xbox if it only has one vga connection

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Cheers calex,

My 2nd question (apologies for being visually retarded) How can i check if my monitor is HD?

Link to VGA cables?

666 posts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360vgahdcable/

game shops in town should have them , or ebay if you want a cheap one

ive got mine connected to a 19" pc monitor too with vga , much better than a standard tv , normal pc monitor isnt really the same as a HDTV but the picture you get is still pretty nice.

Your also going to have to think about sound unless your monitor has built in speakers all your gonna get is video

and now i've 667 posts... was fun while it lasted :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

armour87 wrote: »
    Cheers calex,

My 2nd question (apologies for being visually retarded) How can i check if my monitor is HD?

Link to VGA cables?

666 posts :D
    That monitor has a res of 1440x900 so would support 720p no issiues (well should support 1280x720 at least) provided you change the setting on the xbox, VGA will also be able to carry the HD signals no issiues, you'll just need to get a speaker setup for the xbox as the standard audio on that monitor wont work

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I wanted to connect my Wii to a standard monitor, using a scart to vga adapter, that should work right? What do I do about the audio then? Or is there some rgb to vga adapter that would let me pull the audio for speakers??

I'm crap at this stuff so any advice would be appreciated! Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement