Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crufts 2008

Options
  • 10-03-2008 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

i watched a good bit of the Crufts last night on bbc2.
    There was lovely dogs on it and my favourite was the hound in the finals,i was sure its was going to win as the ammount of the spectators clapping every time the hound was shown.To my amazement the poor hound got nowhere.Any body got opinions on the crufts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i watched the gun dog show it was great. saw a few beauties. i have a llewellen setter myself, a kin of hybrid of the english setter. i dont think they are kennel club recognised though i dont think. does anyone else have any idea???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I was a rough looking woman "dancing" with a collie so I turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Yeah - that little Beagle was gorgeous. All the commentators seemed convinced by the one that eventually won though. They were all lovely doggies! I enjoyed the show even though it does all seem a bit silly! Compare all that fuss and attention to the thousands of dogs being neglected, abandoned and put to sleep. Mad world!:rolleyes:

The one that moved me to tears was the little girl with cerebral palsy and her dog winning the best friend category! So sweet! http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=329930873

And I really wanted to slap all these owners that brush their dogs long hair over their eyes! How annoying - especially that Wheaten Terrier feller who was in the finals. He kept shaking his head - it was driving him crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pheonix Ski

ARGHHHHHHH i cant believe it,i missed it :( how did i mange that.. Is it over now,i really wanted to see it,im so angry :mad:

do they do a repeat on the telly or anything *prays that they do* or is that it?

• Advertisement

do they do a repeat on the telly or anything *prays that they do* or is that it?

I'm not sure - but they have youtube clips of some of it on their website http://www.crufts.org.uk/
    :)

MsFifers wrote: »
    I'm not sure - but they have youtube clips of some of it on their website http://www.crufts.org.uk/
    :)

Its just not the same :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

MsFifers wrote: »
    Yeah - that little Beagle was gorgeous. All the commentators seemed convinced by the one that eventually won though. They were all lovely doggies! I enjoyed the show even though it does all seem a bit silly! Compare all that fuss and attention to the thousands of dogs being neglected, abandoned and put to sleep. Mad world!:rolleyes:

The one that moved me to tears was the little girl with cerebral palsy and her dog winning the best friend category! So sweet! http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=329930873

And I really wanted to slap all these owners that brush their dogs long hair over their eyes! How annoying - especially that Wheaten Terrier feller who was in the finals. He kept shaking his head - it was driving him crazy!
    how do they see where there going i wonder by being pulled by the lead by the owner obviously?Or xray eyes lol

ARGHHHHHHH i cant believe it,i missed it :( how did i mange that.. Is it over now,i really wanted to see it,im so angry :mad:
    ask someone who might have copied crufts on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Ah yeah i love crufts, i think the best in show had an irish connection (they mentioned that the owners wife had sent him holy water from ireland):)
    Flyball!! is my fave! Regarding brushing the the terriers hair over his eyes, i wonder is that from when they would have been used for hunting, to protect their eyes? (not based on any fact or research, just a guess)

• Advertisement

Ah janey though - look!
    250px-Dog2wheaten.jpg

Makes my eyeballs itch just looking at him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

The terrier was an Irish Doggie
    There was an Irish owned Glen of Immal terrier however he didn't make it to the last 7.
    250px-Dog2wheaten.jpg this fluffy creature is american

The winner got to the final 2 times previous...
    The beagle was a lovely dog..

In general they were nicer looking dogs in Cruffs 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

The owner of the american cocker is Irish. Apparently one of the bbc commentators for crufts had picked out the beagle as his favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mand123

I expected the beagle to come at least in the top three but i guessed the best in show would be won by the giant schnauzer he was a gorgeous dog. You could kind of guess the judge would go for the large breeds as she breeds poodles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Yeah,I am ragin' aswell.

Davey 180,out of a matter of interest,you don't recall seeing any gordon setters,do you?

GA361 wrote: »
    Yeah,I am ragin' aswell.

Davey 180,out of a matter of interest,you don't recall seeing any gordon setters,do you?
    only saw the last hour on sunday sorry i didnt see any setters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

They had a feature on Gordon Setters on either Thursday or Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

it was very good i have shown dogs at crufts in the 70s and 80s.It has changed a lot since then more showbizzy.But i enjoyed it .I liked the american cocker the samoyed and the beagle.But i thought the winner was a great dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dizzydudge

i think the wheaten terrier was better off for having a bit of shade over his eyes, when the beagle won the hound class, poor guy was blinded by the flashing lights, he was squinting

• Advertisement
Advertisement