Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Venetian blinds - cost

• 10-03-2008 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have a ball park figure of how much it would cost to put timber venetian blinds on all the windows of an average semi-d, including patio doors.
    That would be 6 medium/large windows, 2 small windows, patio doors.

I'm just wondering is it something that's even remotely affordable! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

measure the insides of your openings, to say average is to be vague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it will also vary on what part of the country you are in, if you tell me that i may be able to give you information on who are the best in your area.

a lot of places do ready made wooden venetian blinds, i'd say that they could do for your windows, but the patio door ones may have to be made. A Ready made one shouldnt cost much more than 60~70 at its biggest which would usually be 1.8m (going by where i work)
    Ready made blinds can be trimmed down with a hacksaw for the top rail and a regular saw for the slats. it takes a bit of effort but you'lll save a lot of money if you're doing a few windows. And yes getting them all made specially would yield the best results, if you put a bit of effort in you can get your altered ready mades just as good

my guesstimation for the patio doors would be somewhere around 200 quid at most per door, though i may be off by a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

Marge. Depanding on window sizes, you should be able to get them for between €1000 - €1200 measured and fitted including vat. You could also pay 3 times this price depending on what blind you choose and who you deal with.
    As JIZZLORD said readymade blinds are available in 2, 4 and 6 foot widths, unfortunatly windows rarely come in these sizes and cutting them is not as easy as you may think. If you are going down this road buy 1 first and try it.

some of the bigger places like Argos etc, have a whole heap of sizes

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ArgosBrowseCounts?jspStoreDir=argosie&catalogId=1500001101&identifier=9569853&langId=-1&FC$Style=Venetian+Blind&Trail=C%24cip%3D1500012192%3EC%24cip%3D1500012305%3EC%24cip%3D1500012306%3EFC%24Style%3DVenetian+Blind&storeId=30001

i'd say to have a look in places like homebase, harry corry, argos, etc as well as taking a look in your nearest local blind maker, as none of the big places actually will come out and fit/measure. But this ease comes at a big price

shopping around can be good, i know a lady who got vertical blinds made for her entire shop at very short notice. she had her blinds made and installed within 24hours for cheaper than another supplier in galway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

some of the bigger places like Argos etc, have a whole heap of sizes
    I stand corrected. I didn't know they did 3 and 5 foot widths. However I challenge you to find an 3 bed semi that they will fit. Many of these blinds are never fitted and end up gathering dust in the attic. I recently cut down and fitted some readyfit blinds that the lady purchassed 7 years ago.
    i know a lady who got vertical blinds made for her entire shop at very short notice
    Not an unusual story. I've sometimes fitted made to measure blinds the day they were ordered. It's not something that can always be done though, at a busy time of the year customers have to wait their turn. It's also something I wouldn't do for a difficult customer.

Advertisement