Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little bit of history

Options
  • 10-03-2008 7:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Heres one for you.

What 2 players made World Cup history in 2002 when they faced each other on opposing teams - just as their fathers had faced each other on opposing teams in the 1966 World Cup?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Off the top of my head I'm gonna say Paulo and Cesare Maldini are one set and maybe someone from Korea cause weren't Italy beaten by them in both 1966 and 2002? Pak Doo-Ik is a name I never forget for some reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Afraid not, but nice try.

Heres a hint if somebody wants one:
    Both of the sons have played in the English Premier League in recent years, but not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Is Youri Djorkaef and his father one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

pd101 wrote: »
    Is Youri Djorkaef and his father one of them?

Jean did play in 1966 and Youri played in 2002 alright.

Hector Silva and Dario Silva for Uruguay against Jean and Youri Djorkaeff?

• Advertisement

Oops I mean Pablo and Diego Forlan :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

javaboy wrote: »
    Oops I mean Pablo and Diego Forlan :o

Wow. Just looked that up on Wikipedia. Diego Forlan could have played for Ireland. :eek: His grandfather was Irish.

pd101 wrote: »
    Wow. Just looked that up on Wikipedia. Diego Forlan could have played for Ireland. :eek: His grandfather was Irish.

The Uruguayans also had a player named O'Neill. :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

According to this and this Jean Djorkaeff was the only one of the four to actually play in either match.

Advertisement