Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upset bearded dragon

Options
  • 10-03-2008 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

my bearded dragon has been cowering away from me all week.

but when my gf picks him up or rubs him he loves it. when i try he runs to the back of his tank.

any ideas on why he doesnt like me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

my bearded dragon has been cowering away from me all week.

but when my gf picks him up or rubs him he loves it. when i try he runs to the back of his tank.

any ideas on why he doesnt like me?
    did you smack him?only joking as for this subject Bond-007 is your man for these breeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

davey180 wrote: »
    did you smack him?

oh god no. i spend about 2 hours a day with him on my lap or lying on my shoulder watching tv. everything was great until last week when i was working nights and wasnt home for about 3 days.

since then he wont come near me unless im feeding him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Any change in cologne/deodorant/handwash recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Take the time to slowly approch the cage - never rush up & surprise the beardie - maybe get you GF to take him out & whilst you are sitting get her to hand him to you so he does not get scared etc.

It may take a few days but he will soon calm down again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Take the time to slowly approch the cage - never rush up & surprise the beardie - maybe get you GF to take him out & whilst you are sitting get her to hand him to you so he does not get scared etc.

It may take a few days but he will soon calm down again.

done that over the last few days and he seems to be ok now. what i noticed is he is sleeping nearly all day and night now. so i spoke to the vet and its normal to a point due to the weather and the time of year.

oh well. hopefully he will cheer up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Yeah, it's called brumation, Beardies will go through it in captivity, but cornsnakes won't. I had to manually reduce the temperatures for my cornies because it's neccessarily to cool them if you want to breed them the following year. They're all out of cooling now all back to normal temperatures and my male's due to get his first feed since the beginning of December.

Advertisement