Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Hi def Camcorder on ibood

Options
  • 10-03-2008 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

https://www.ibood.com/site/eu/ibood.php

369.95 + 12 p+p looks like a good deal, seems to be around 495 stg on most sites.
    Anybody know anything about this model?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

There are reviews here for the sc model which is probably the US version.

This is the spec for iBood one which is the vp model.

I am tempted as I am looking for a light weight camcorder because my current top of the range Sony one is too heavy!

Would be interested in other peoples opinions? I was looking at the Sanyo HD700 but am tempted by this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Detailed review here on Camcorderinfo
    The Samsung SC-HMX10 is clearly the leader in a burgeoning class of camcorders we might call “budget HD.” That is to say, among those camcorders not made by Canon, Sony, and Panasonic – all of which hover near or above the $1,000 mark – the HMX10 is the best we’ve tested. To what extent is this a useful accolade? That’s difficult to say, and depends largely on how much money the consumer is willing to spend. The SC-HMX10 officially retails for $799, but can be found for less online. The most compelling models that record in flash media include the Sony HDR-CX7 and Panasonic HDC-SD1 / HDC-SD5. These camcorders can be found for only a few hundred dollars more, if that, and offer far better video quality. If you can get that kind of cash together, the upgrade is clearly worth it. But some people have a hard spending limit that we can respect. You’re choice is this. Either sit on your money until the camcorder you’ve had your eye on is replaced and goes on sale, or settle for a Samsung. Chances are, if you’re like most people and are only using your camcorder a few times a year, you’ll like what you see from the SC-HMX10. The video is better than we expected, and the interface is very user friendly. However, a side-by-side with a full 1920 x 1080 Sony or Canon camcorder will have you crying in your beer with remorse, so prepare thyself.

It records in 720p compared to the Sony's 1080p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

CamcorderInfo.com Ratings - http://www.camcorderinfo.com/ratings.php

Tempting price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

It records in 720p compared to the Sony's 1080p

But surely the Sony must be nearly €1,000?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sold out now anyways,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I've suggested on the iBood web site that previous iBood offers should be available to purchase for anyone who's bought from iBood. It seems frustrating and unnecessary that stock is limited and never again available once sold out. My suggestion would mean more sales for iBood, the customers would get the products they want at a good price and everyone would be less disappointed and frustrated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Oracle wrote: »
    I've suggested on the iBood web site that previous iBood offers should be available to purchase for anyone who's bought from iBood. It seems frustrating and unnecessary that stock is limited and never again available once sold out. My suggestion would mean more sales for iBood, the customers would get the products they want at a good price and everyone would be less disappointed and frustrated.

Do you get how ibood works? The whole idea is that it gets an item at a bulk discount but limited stock so punters make impulse buys in case they lose a bargain. Check ibood out to night at 11 when the page refreshs and give yourself all the time you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Add their RSS feeds to igoogle or whatever reader you use, my SE mobile
    can even get them, or add yourself to their mailing list and you'll get their
    daily offers. Most stuff apart from mp3 players or games consoles will
    still be on offer early the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

In the long term it wouldn't increase their sales, they would just be another online retailer then. The whole point of Ibood is the shock value. EG. last night I seen that cam and wanted to buy it! Nearly 400quid and I nearly pressed 'I'll take it' for the reason that I knew it was a good deal and that it would be sold out soon! I HATE camcorders! Hate them!

Impulse buyers make them a packet 'o' money

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jameshayes wrote: »

Impulse buyers make them a packet 'o' money

I think thats the point lost on Oracle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Is it sad that I wait around for 11pm most nights?

Anyone know how long Ibood are going? I've been using them a while now but I dont know when they started!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dear Sir/Madam,

On the 10th of March you have ordered one or more Samsung High Definition Camcorders on iBOOD.com. Sadly there has been some miscommunication concerning the specifications of this product. The model no. mentioned in the specifications is not corresponding with the actual model we are shipping. The only physical difference is the lack of internal memory of 8 GB.

We are deeply sorry about the inconvenience and we are currently looking for a proper solution.

However, due to the upcoming Easter weekend we will not be able to inform you about this solution until next Tuesday. We will then of course provide you with a suitable solution for the problem as soon as possible.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience,

Best regards,

Customer Service iBOOD.com

Anyone get theirs yet? Or even shipped,,, im guessing not though?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The crappy 8GB capacity is what put me off.... and it doesn't even have that?

The crappy 8GB capacity is what put me off.... and it doesn't even have that?
    apparently not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

Anybody get this yet or is it in the same black hole as the Toshiba HD players?

CLADA wrote: »
    Anybody get this yet or is it in the same black hole as the Toshiba HD players?
    Left on the april 1st so should be here monday me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

Thanks for that davton.

CLADA wrote: »
    Thanks for that davton.
    no probs,, but you never know with an post! and incase you think they forgot the 8gb memory card it was shipped separate. Hope its worth the wait.

Advertisement