Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest garmin maps, no gorey by pass?

Options
  • 09-03-2008 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,781 ✭✭✭✭

Im using garmin mobile xt with the 08 ireland and uk maps, to my disbelief neither the carrickmines retail park nor the gorey bypass are mapped, is this right? anyone have maps that have these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You are correct, the Gorey bypass is not in the 2008 (V10) maps. Neither is the latest extension to the N6 which runs from Tyrellspass to Kilbeggan, the 2008 maps show this as ending at Tyrellspass although the extension to Kilbeggan has been open since mid 2007.

The Carrickmines retail park is a different story, this is built on private property so it's up to the developers to get it on the maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,781 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thats nuts, they arent really 2008 maps at all then

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

coylemj wrote: »
    The Carrickmines retail park is a different story, this is built on private property so it's up to the developers to get it on the maps.
    My house is built on private property, but it still appears in the Navteq maps. :)

In seriousness, Carrickmines is a retail shopping centre, much like any other strip mall Shopping Centre, so should appear as a POI, just as the others do. The POI database supplied with City Navigator is very poor for Ireland.

Carrickmines has been open for a couple of years now.

*Edit*: I reported the missing Retail unit/POI to Navteq.

Does anyone know where Garmin get their POI database? Is it part of the Navteq distribution?

Advertisement