Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R Uggs going out of Fashion

Options
  • 09-03-2008 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

was looking at some uggs on the internet and was thinking of buying another pair, is it worth it???
    R they going out of fashion???
    :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

LOLZ ,
    OH MY GD THY R SO 2004. I CNT BLIEV YOUR THNKNG ABOUT BYNG ANTHR PAIR ?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Nope, not out of fashion yet:

Shaved%20Cat%201.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Worst. Troll. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Taters

They were never in fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Out of fashion, just like correct spelling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

out of fashion were they ever in? thought they were so so ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

chuci wrote: »
    out of fashion were they ever in? thought they were so so ugly
    + 100

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Ah I'm fed up of the we-hate-UGG brigade! I don't care if people don't like them. I wear them because they are the most comfortable footwear ever! And I ain't bothered if they ain't in fashion, I still wear them because they are so comfy.

I've gone through so many pairs though, I think I've had seven pairs maybe over 3/ or 4 yrs? :eek: And they are the proper UGG Australia ones. Only bought two pairs over here though, rest in the US so much cheaper over there. They just don't really last (combination of Irish weather and just general wear & tear).

And I intend buying new pairs to replace my current ones when they are made again in the Spring because they are the best boot ever! Yes I know it sounds crazy but each to their own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

KTRIC wrote: »
    LOLZ ,
    OH MY GD THY R SO 2004. I CNT BLIEV YOUR THNKNG ABOUT BYNG ANTHR PAIR ?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    LOLLERS!!! Can I marry you? I think I'm in love with you... :o

OP, with your use of a large font, textspeak and centring of smileys you're obviously 13. Shouldn't you ask your parents for their permission to let you use their credit card?

Also, as you get older (maybe when you reach around 48) you'l realise that it really doesn't matter whether something is in fashion or not, you should just wear it if you like it. Also, you shouldn't wear something you don't like just because it's in fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Ah I'm fed up of the we-hate-UGG brigade! I don't care if people don't like them. I wear them because they are the most comfortable footwear ever! And I ain't bothered if they ain't in fashion, I still wear them because they are so comfy.

I've gone through so many pairs though, I think I've had seven pairs maybe over 3/ or 4 yrs? :eek: And they are the proper UGG Australia ones. Only bought two pairs over here though, rest in the US so much cheaper over there. They just don't really last (combination of Irish weather and just general wear & tear).

And I intend buying new pairs to replace my current ones when they are made again in the Spring because they are the best boot ever! Yes I know it sounds crazy but each to their own!

Value for money, anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

tinkerbell wrote: »

+1

I got a pair in the States a couple of months ago. I don't care if other people hate them, I'm the one wearing them, I don't wear them because they're in fashion but because I like them (and they're so cosy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The OP clearly does wear them because they're in fashion (or did wear them because they were in fashion).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

R Uggs going out of Fashion

I hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭cas91

Never mind about whether or not they're in fashion because frankly that doesn't bother me...
    But seriously they are really a horrible pair of shoes! Yes I saw the attraction in them two years ago when I was going through a phase which I now cringe at,... but now they are not appealing to me at all...me and my friend actually decided to count how many people we saw wearing uggs one day in dundrum.. it was over 200 ..I'm not joking...
    Perhaps a bit of originality wouldn't go astray tlyse days..why not look around at other boots??? theirs loads of nice ones at the moment if you just browse around... but please do me a favour and do not purchase a new pair of uggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

They were "in fashion" for a number of months about 5 years ago as I recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

thought about buying them too tbh with the weakness of the dollar and stuff but no its so not worth it, like come on a pair of boots that will get absolutely destroyed in irish weather, i think not!
    when something starts selling in pennys they are out of fashion for a while ha, that said though i still would like a pair of pink vans!
    pumps all the way though, they are much more elegant and feminine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

aliqueenb wrote: »
    thought about buying them too tbh with the weakness of the dollar and stuff but no its so not worth it, like come on a pair of boots that will get absolutely destroyed in irish weather, i think not!
    when something starts selling in pennys they are out of fashion for a while ha, that said though i still would like a pair of pink vans!
    pumps all the way though, they are much more elegant and feminine.

I knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up in this thread :p

Uggs were never cool btw

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up in this thread :p

Uggs were never cool btw
    hey don't be mean ha i looked and seen you had wrote something here and i actually knew you were gonna mention my comment somehow ha!!! lol like sorry aussie rules football doesn't interst me that much like!

What has Aussie Rules gotta do with this?!

What has Aussie Rules gotta do with this?!
    oh just noticed that you are a mod of that so thats all lol

• Advertisement

I see well thanks for that. I hadn't realised! Pop in and say hello some time.

I see well thanks for that. I hadn't realised! Pop in and say hello some time.
    will do haha!

Lol can't believe you did

Lol can't believe you did
    haha i'm just that nice i brightened up ARF forum haha lol...reply haha!

haha i'm just that nice i brightened up ARF forum haha lol...reply haha!

Lol it's AFL. Well this thread is gonna be locked. WAAAAAYY OT. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The irony here being that a mate of mine from Oz, who played Aussie Rules at a decent level, actually wore Uggs himself...

Lol it's AFL. Well this thread is gonna be locked. WAAAAAYY OT. Apologies.

what does AFL stand for then?...australian football league?

what does AFL stand for then?...australian football league?

You're a natural! Welcome aboard!

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Have sex already.

Advertisement