Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iBood cordless drill

Options
  • 09-03-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Black & Decker HP126F3K-QW Drill on iBood today, seems like a bargain, what do people think? I was in the market for a drill allright, though i was thinking of going for an AC powered one cos i generally dont trust cordless things what with battery life etc.

I think this is abargain anyway, am i right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Nope with one battery only it's not worth the price. Given the cost of freight on the item you'll get a compartive standard in B&Q, McQuillins, etc. with extra batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Oh OK thanks for the info :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

The Tesco's here in the crescent, limerick are selling a 12v JCB cordless drill for €40.00.... dont know if they are any good but i'm going to pick one up when i get the chance. I presume other tesco's have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

If you plan on doing anything more than minor DIY you'd need at lease 14v

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

kendragon wrote: »
    The Tesco's here in the crescent, limerick are selling a 12v JCB cordless drill for €40.00.... dont know if they are any good but i'm going to pick one up when i get the chance. I presume other tesco's have them too.

JCB drills are fairly crap TBH. Your better off spending a bit more for a better brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Don't know if it's still running, but the last time I was in Atlantic Homecare they had an offer on a Ryobi 18v Cordless + 2 batts. for €89 (IIRC) I've been using the same drill in work for about 4 years now (used almost every day), had to replace the trigger switch once but otherwise on probs, so I would say it's a great drill for home use.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Do-more wrote: »
    Don't know if it's still running, but the last time I was in Atlantic Homecare they had an offer on a Ryobi 18v Cordless + 2 batts. for €89 (IIRC) I've been using the same drill in work for about 4 years now (used almost every day), had to replace the trigger switch once but otherwise on probs, so I would say it's a great drill for home use.

Was in my local Atlantic Homecare this evening (Mullingar) and they still have the Ryobi cordless drill offer running. 18V Drill, charger + 2 batteries for €79. Also available is a bundle with Carry bag, Drill, charger, 2 batts and small cordless circular saw for €120. This is the same Ryobi One plus model that is available in B&Q. B&Q have a lot more attachments available to fit the same batteries, like a sander, various different saws, etc. etc.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭frost

I used the Ryobi one-plus drill at home and on my farm and it has been excellent. I bought a second one of them, two batteries and the car charger (we have no electricity at the farm). I would recommend it highly. I haven't bought any of the other tools in the one-plus series so cant comment on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

12v drills are useless - you need at least 18-24v for any decent power.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2867_5235.htm

Bought one of these a few months back - like similar heavyweight cordless units heavy for screw-drivng and slow if you wanted to sand anything but apart from that unbeatable value for money.

• Advertisement

Based on the info here I got the Ryobi saw+drill at Woodie's. Excellent value, but as I already had 2 drills I'm selling the new drill+batt+charger, so if anyone's interested see link in my sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

gee, thanks frosty for placing your blatent add here and digging up yet another old ibood thread.....deserves a banning tbh :(

guilty as charged :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement