Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizontal solar cylinder

Options
  • 09-03-2008 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Has anyone tried one, or any opinions.
    Thinking of putting one in the attic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

dont know what u mean,
    any link?
    Is it direct or indirect?
    Pls educate us

the trad benefit of the normal upright cylinder is that the hot water will stay at the top and make it easier to draw off, while adding the cold from the bottom will not mix it up too much

This set up is generally more suitable for the indirect heating coils from the CH or solar panels

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to the Renewable Energies forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sculptor

http://www.rvr.ie/default.aspx?subj=catalog/ProductsList&catIdPath=0_109_111
    I know a verticial makes more sense, but this would fit in the attic leaving room for a shower below, is it worth the bother (good price too)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

For 300ltr it's good value, plus you could mount it vertically (upside down) with a bit of effort. Only thing I would worry about though is the flow on the hot, definitely needs to be pressurised and even a small booster pump with a flow switch.

The other thing I noticed is the single coil together with a small ish coil for your primary coil 0.75m2 compared to 1 m2 for most 300 ltr tanks. Also from the drawing the single coil doesn't look like a coil just a double curved piece of 1" pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sculptor

Thanks
    Thats the sort of invaluable insight we get on this forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement