Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Naas/Newbridge Schools/Tests Routes

Options
  • 09-03-2008 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi there
    Does anyone know of a good Driving School in Naas Area please??
    Thanks.:p

EDIT: haveabadday - Please use standard font colour when posting on this Forum.

WA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Hi,
    I have booked my driving test with SGS, for May 26th in the Togher Industrial Estate in Naas/Newbridge.

I am just wondering if anyone has any advice about doing your test in this centre/route? Can anyone recommend a good instructor/driving school? I had a pre-test on Saturday with Naas School of Motoring and he said I have a few bad habits to iron out and that I need to get used to driving in silence with someone beside me. I drove around the Naas area for about 2 hours on Sunday to try and get to know it. Am I too early to start getting lessons now? i have another pre-test with First Class school of motoring on Saturday.

Thanks

bpe

• Registered Users Posts: 5 caceres

Please has anyone any idea of the general routes taken on either the naas or newbridge test routes. Info urgently needed please!!

I am doing my test at Toughers SGS Centre in a few weeks and they can either take you into Newbridge or Naas. I have had 3 lessons so far and was brought different places each time. There is little point learning off specific routes as the tester can bring you somewhere different on the day- e.g. if traffic is bad in Newbridge you could be brought to Naas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

I did my test in Newbridge SGS a few weeks back. I didn't (and still don't) know the area that well :) but I can tell you roughly where I was taken though even though it won't make a huge difference to you i'm sure.

The route: Out of the Keadeen hotel carpark and turn left, down past Tesco and then took a right. Straight for a while then turn right into an estate (can't remember what one though!) Reverse, Hill start and Turnabout all done in that estate. Then back out to the main road, down towards the town, Left at the Bank of Ireland and then a circle back to the hotel. That was pretty much it.

I was lucky because SGS Newbridge ONLY test in Newbridge, didn't have to bother learning Naas. But as bigpinkelephant said, don't get bogged down worrying about the exact route. I did 4 lessons around Newbridge and not 1 of them took me near the estate I did my manouvres in. And it really didn't matter... I had a great instructor who made me feel really comfortable and gave me a good confidence boost.

Once the test started after the initial few nerves I just went into autopilot. I wasn't paying attention much to the route I was going, I just focused on my driving and tried to drive as if it was just a mate giving me directions. Thats the key I think, relax and focus on your driving and if he takes you somewhere you aren't sure of, don't even think about it. Just go where he (or she) tells you to go and remember, this is your test, you're doing this for YOU not the examiner. Go out and do your best and you'll be fine.

Best of luck to you both. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Bull76

Hi,

I did my test with SGS in Naas, at the toughers garage. They can go to either Naas or Newbridge. RSA in Naas can only do Naas.

Basically headed onto dual carriage way heading to Naas. Ensure to slow down coming out of the industrial estate for the two speed dumps.
    Took a left just across from the Naas driving school and the RSA centre. Completed numerous right and left turns. Then headed into Centre, drove around a few streets, again, lot's of hill starts and preception to awareness at junction's.
    Heading back towards Naas school of motoring, just pass them and just before the traffic lights turned into the estate on the left. Completed the reverse around a corner on the first turn on the right. Turn about completed two junctions in.

Got plenty of lesson's off of the Naas school of motoring, found them very helpful. They know all the route's and prepare you for everything you need to know. Done Lesson's in newbridge also.
    Best thing to do book a few lesson's and drive around the area. Take your time and practice.
    Good luck.
    A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 alan18

Hi there
    Does anyone know of a good Driving School in Naas Area please??
    Thanks.:p

hi yes, i went to naas school of motoring and passed last week.. (as there are two alans there).. alan c, was the guys name i had he was nice and he got me to pass so he must be good !! as i had so many bad points

• Registered Users Posts: 49 alan18

Hi,
    I have booked my driving test with SGS, for May 26th in the Togher Industrial Estate in Naas/Newbridge.

I am just wondering if anyone has any advice about doing your test in this centre/route? Can anyone recommend a good instructor/driving school? I had a pre-test on Saturday with Naas School of Motoring and he said I have a few bad habits to iron out and that I need to get used to driving in silence with someone beside me. I drove around the Naas area for about 2 hours on Sunday to try and get to know it. Am I too early to start getting lessons now? i have another pre-test with First Class school of motoring on Saturday.

Thanks

bpe
    get them now you will have to know where to go and they will show you all they bad habits. i had naas school of motoring very good. passed 1st time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 zero_tolerance

hi,

can anybody give me contact info for sgs? i tried the net but couldnt find anything

• Registered Users Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭guil

I did my test in Newbridge SGS a few weeks back. I didn't (and still don't) know the area that well :) but I can tell you roughly where I was taken though even though it won't make a huge difference to you i'm sure.

The route: Out of the Keadeen hotel carpark and turn left, down past Tesco and then took a right. Straight for a while then turn right into an estate (can't remember what one though!) Reverse, Hill start and Turnabout all done in that estate. Then back out to the main road, down towards the town, Left at the Bank of Ireland and then a circle back to the hotel. That was pretty much it.

I was lucky because SGS Newbridge ONLY test in Newbridge, didn't have to bother learning Naas. But as bigpinkelephant said, don't get bogged down worrying about the exact route. I did 4 lessons around Newbridge and not 1 of them took me near the estate I did my manouvres in. And it really didn't matter... I had a great instructor who made me feel really comfortable and gave me a good confidence boost.

Once the test started after the initial few nerves I just went into autopilot. I wasn't paying attention much to the route I was going, I just focused on my driving and tried to drive as if it was just a mate giving me directions. Thats the key I think, relax and focus on your driving and if he takes you somewhere you aren't sure of, don't even think about it. Just go where he (or she) tells you to go and remember, this is your test, you're doing this for YOU not the examiner. Go out and do your best and you'll be fine.

Best of luck to you both. :)

that estate is moorefield park there no hills in there really:eek:

guil07 wrote: »
    that estate is moorefield park there no hills in there really:eek:

I couldn't tell you if that's the name of the estate... like I said, I don't know the area that well... :o but I definately did the three manoeuvres not far behind Tesco, hill start included. Well I say 'hill' but it wasn't really anything to worry about. Just a bit of a slope really. :) It was more than steep enough for the car to roll back with the handbrake off though so I guess that classed as a hill start. :)

• Advertisement

I would highly recommend Tony from First Class School of Motoring!!! His number is 087 <SNIP> passed first time today and only driving 6 months!!!!!!!!! :D:):D:):D:)

passed first time today and only driving 6 months!!!!!!!!! :D:):D:):D:)

Congrats!! :D

Bigpinkelephant now has a little pink license :p

Advertisement