Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor rabbit

Options
  • 08-03-2008 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend has been talking about getting a rabbit recently. We live in a large 2nd floor apartment with plenty of space so if we do get one it would have to be kept indoors 24/7.

Has any body any experience with indoor bunnies ?? I had some as a child but we kept them outdoors.

Also we have a cat that doesn't live with us at the moment, but hopefully will be soon, do rabbits and cats get on well ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

You'd need to give it some room to run around I guess but be aware that they chew through wires and clothes and anything really. Our rabbit got into my room before and chewed up a laptop power cable (luckily for him he chewed the 19v side of the adapter), some guitar cables and the sleeve of a hoodie.

As for cats: our rabbit loves them. There are two neighbourhood cats that visit him in the garden and when he sees one of them on the wall he runs over to it. When the cat comes down the rabbit chases it around the garden. Our cat hates it though. When we let him out the rabbit always runs straight for him and the cat runs for the wall to get away from it. And when the cat wants to come in he's at the back door meowing and looking very uncomfortable while the rabbit is running rings around him. :D

Advertisement