Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you use any Warhammer figures in Warhammer 40K e.g. balrog?

Options
  • 08-03-2008 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,

I have several Warhammer figurines and am wondering if i can use them in Warhammer 40k.In particular I have a Balrog which I would like to get some use out of.

Thanks.
    C.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I think there was some stipulation put into the LotR license that meant you couldn't use those models as anything else in an official tournament. That may not still be the case, but I'd check with the lads in GW for the official line.

Playing in friendlies, I doubt it will be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

There are plenty of Chaos models that can be used in a chaos 40k. Again, official games it might be an issue. But i never had any.

in saying that, I've not played in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

From past experince your aloud to mix and match models from the different ranges as long as there appropriate in tournaments too but
    try to refrain from it. When u enter a tournament doing this though
    Be aware that ur army cannot take part in the "best Army" category
    So i would watch out there. All GWs dont really mind about people mixing
    Models around. For example you could use the balrog as a Greater Deam Of chaos For a khorne army ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It's a game. You can do what you like, use whom you like. In tournament however, there's restrictions. Main point is...............play and enjoy. Don't get bent by rules.

Advertisement