Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melvin Williams AKA "The Deacon"

Options
  • 08-03-2008 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

Just finished watching "Tapping The Wire" documentary there from FX, its a bit behind as they're taking pre-season 5 being filmed but its worth the watch.
    They touch on lightly the actor Melvin Williams, who seems to have been around the block as far as Baltimore Drug trading is concerned. Found the following on Wikipedia..
    In his youth Melvin Williams, the actor who plays the Deacon, was a real-life drug kingpin who was arrested by series writer Ed Burns in 1984 when he was a Baltimore city police officer.[6] Creator David Simon was responsible for covering the arrest for The Baltimore Sun at the time.[7] Williams received a 34 year sentence for his crimes and much of the evidence against him came from a wiretap investigation like the one featured in the first season of the show.
    He states to the camera man off screen (or to us the audience) , and I quote, "I know more about murder than you know about that camera."
    Add's a little light to some of the actors they used in the series and certainly changes the perspective that I viewed some of them in! For god's sake Stringer Bell's played by an English man! Hides the accent well though.

Advertisement