Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Wireless network Equipment??

Options
  • 07-03-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Please give names of suppliers of antennaes, routers, etc to set up a network between sites up to five km apart? I can't find anything in Golden Pages

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Look in your private messages in the top corner when you log in again,all depends on what you want to do across the link though. Afaics , lots of rubbish out there too .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

You've got lots of options depending on your needs. Bushy has probably referred you to some of the stuff used by the Irishwan lads but, although the Mikrotik stuff is good, this is not the only option.
    It all depends on your technical skills.
    Google for manufacturers such as: "proxim", "buffalo technologies", "ruckus wireless", "tranzeo" & "cisco" for access points, bridges and routers.
    For antennas I suggest that you look here: http://www.interline.pl/html/index.php?lang=english

E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

mayhem# wrote: »
    You've got lots of options depending on your needs. Bushy has probably referred you to some of the stuff used ,,,,,,,,,,,E.

I sent a few links to gear i have used that has survived a few years, but
    bushy... wrote: »
    all depends on what you want to do across the link though. /QUOTE]

If all you ever use is an ethernet cable, everything starts to look like an RJ45 jack(c notme)

Advertisement