Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bags Under Eyes - Remedy?!

Options
  • 07-03-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I have really dark bags under my eyes, I bought Nivea Eye Cream but it seems to have made no difference at all!

Can anybody suggest any creams/remedies etc. (besides sleeping more!) that have worked for them?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Used tea bags frozen and applied directly to your eyes from the freezer.. sounds odd but my mam used to do with my sister (she suffered really badly with hay fever and her eyes would swell up) worked for her.. Also if you're putting creams under your eyes be careful not to get it into your eyes cause you have no excretery ducts to get rid of it and it will just sit under the surface and add to the puffiness.. just dab it around the area..

Boost your circulation by getting active.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

I've read in a few magazines that hemorrhoid cream like 'preperation H' is really good for bags under the eyes but can't vouch for how safe this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

helena-bed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

lubie76 wrote: »
    I've read in a few magazines that hemorrhoid cream like 'preperation H' is really good for bags under the eyes but can't vouch for how safe this is.

Apparently used by supermodels. Shrinks skin elsewhere so why not your eyes. My sister uses it occasionally and it really works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

lubie76 wrote: »
    It works, specifically by constricting the blood vessels, but it's only a temporary fix. If it's safe to use on such a sensitive area of the body, then what amounts to part of your cheeks shouldn't be worried about.

Plenty of long regular undisturbed sleep in a completely darkened room, and a good diet is the better alternative imho

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

Try eating more carrots apparently the keratin is supposed to reduce the bags under your eyes.

Do not use haemorrhoid cream under your eyes. I remember reading a case in college where people had sued the manufacturers of preparation H because they had put the cream under their eyes and it had caused loss of vision/blindness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JuiceC

I've used the menaji 911 gel (love the name!!) since I lived in the states and it's excellent, especially if you leave it to cool in the fridge. It will last about 9-12 months and I get it from You seem to be awfully fond of that website! - simu

To complement using the gel fill your sink with ice cold water and after soaking a face cloth in it dab it on & off for five minutes and you'll see immediate results - this is especially effective the morning after or on a big night out!

Then get lots of sleep, reduce the consumption of alcohol and try to keep salt to a minimum.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Cupcakes

Just use concealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

keep them and save 22c a go at tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tkOYBiy1nOA

Found this girls site when someone on the boards recommended some of her brush tutorials...I'm def giving this a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Splash cold water on them first thing in the morning and then put a little moisturiser on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I suffer from that too but its all down to dehydration. Up your intake of water and reduce salt. Sleep also helps.

Advertisement