Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Message in the Waves - No More Plastic Bags

Options
  • 07-03-2008 4:20pm

Unsure if I should put this here or the Film forum.
    "Hawai‘i -Message in the Waves" is a film from the BBC Natural History Unit looking at some of the environmental challenges facing the people and wildlife of the Hawaiian Islands.

Although the documentary is from a Hawaiian perspective it is really a global film. Because of their size, location and social history, the Hawaiian Islands represent a microcosm of the planet and are in a unique position to tell all of us where we are going wrong and what we can do to help put things right.

Website here, also features a trailer.

Has anyone ever seen this documentary before? I remember seeing it ages ago and only thought of it recently. It's a beautifully made documentary with amazing visuals of the Hawaiian islands. Well worth a watch. It also offers us a valuable glance at the effect our throw-away society has on the world.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They "are in a unique position to tell all of us where we are going wrong." There seems to be a lot of people in such unique positions of late.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement