Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eyelash curling

Options
  • 07-03-2008 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

whats the trick to using eyelash curlers.
    i try using mine but all it does it crease my eyelashes in the middle. also if i close my eyes i can't get my eyelashes into it, but can't open my eyes because you have to hold it for 20 seconds and i end up blinking and pulling my eyelashes out... the whole thing is a waste of time. i even heat it up and all, but its no use.

maybe there is something wrong with my eyes and not the curler!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Are you putting mascara on first? I find this helps to shape them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Im having the same problem! I got the shu uemura curlers, ment to be the best and honestly could not get the hang of them. Ive heard if you start on a corner squeeze and wait, then continue onto another section its easier to get close to the lash line, but I thought this would mess up the previous section? Worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

You don't have to hold them for twenty seconds! You don't want to crease your lashes or pull them out, just give them a gentle curl so they open your eye up a bit. A few seconds, especially if you've given them a quick burst with a hairdryer is more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Bluebells wrote: »
    Im having the same problem! I got the shu uemura curlers, ment to be the best and honestly could not get the hang of them. Ive heard if you start on a corner squeeze and wait, then continue onto another section its easier to get close to the lash line, but I thought this would mess up the previous section? Worth a try!

Firstly don't close your eyes trying to put the lashes into the curler.Look straight ahead and then just slide it in under the lashes to a point as close to the lash line as you can.Then squeeze for a few seconds.Its usually best to pump the curler as in squeeze it a few times.That's all you really have to do but if you want you can slide the curler a milimeter out from the lash line and squeeze again and continue this way until you are you come to the end of the lash or are happy with the curl.It should only take a matter of seconds in total.There is rarely any need to be working on corners or at any weird angles.
    There are probably some videos on youtube that might be worth watching. It's such an easy thing to do once you get the hang of it and it makes a big difference without you needing to use makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Have a look around for heated curlers. I find them great. The do the work for you and you only need to replace the battery every now and then,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Trust me, ive tried that and everything else (would not give up on a 30euro eyelash curler so easily!) Some people have the problem that their eye shape varies to the curve of the curler.

Advertisement