Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aussie Rule Players of any standard needed

Options
  • 07-03-2008 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

The Dublin Demons Australian Rules Footbal club are currently looking for new players. We are looking for people who are looking to get out and about for a kick and a bit of fun. It doesnt mater if you are a pro or if you have never kicked an oval ball before as we welcome anybody of any standard.

The Dublin Demons are part of the ARFLI league which has 7 teams competeing for the premiership this year. We are based out of Dublin City Centre so we are accessable from all parts of Dublin. Are team is made up 50% Irish & 50% aussie but we need YOU to help us build to win the flag this year.

If you are intrested in playing please cantact me Bouncer (Head Coach) at <number snipped> or Johny (President) at <number snipped>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hello there.

:)

Nice one on the recruitment drive, I hope it gets you some players.

But, I've taken the phone numbers out of the post, just because it's never really a good idea to post numbers publically.

Do you have a website people could have a look at?

Would you like this post to be stickied for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Hmmm, interesting. What times do you train or play?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jays Des you'll pimp anywhere for players!

Good idea to advertise for Aussie Rules players here. If I was at home I'd defo give it a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bouncer15

Thanks for the help lads we are just chancing our arm to see if we can get any player off this site as we are struggling for numbers for the first time ever. We train in the phoenix park on Saturdays we are not playing games and when the evening get longer we train on wednesday so if ye know anybody here looking to play then send them my way

Our web site is Dublin-demons.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I may be moving nearby soon, if I do I will give you a shout.

Im totally rubbish, and really unfit, but I played 3 seasons with the North London Lions over in the UK, and fancy getting back out and doing something..

[I should be in sales eh?]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bouncer15

That would be grand we are always looking for players so you are more than welcome to give us a shout and it doesnt matter how bad you think you are

• Registered Users Posts: 44 clem

It's probably too late now but i'd fancy giving this a go. I played GAA years ago and was thinking of going back but this seems better because it's different. Keep me in mind for next year. I could be the water boy:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Any teams down south? Cork city in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 okarm26

Hi Orizio ,

There's a Cork team alright , if your still interested in having a kick about at training give me a shout . Still a few games to be played over the next month and a bit + there's usually a few get-togethers in the autumn/winter time.

What's the standard of football like? Honestly now.

Is it all ex-Gaa heads or just a get together of random lads? I'm genuinely curious as it's something I'll be looking into when I get home.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What's the standard of football like? Honestly now.

Is it all ex-Gaa heads or just a get together of random lads? I'm genuinely curious as it's something I'll be looking into when I get home.

The Standard obviously varies with each team , The cork and dublin teams tend to be the strongest as the other clubs at times have trouble getting the numbers. ( 14 a-side in Ireland )

Its a total mix of guys who play though. A lot of gaa players , and a lot of lads who just wanna try something different that may or may not have played any sport before . Guys mite turn up who have never kicked a ball in their life but wanna give it a go , the more the merrier as the league itself is always looking for more players so to help the league sustain it club count .

There's a good social side to the whole set up too , always good to have a few beers after the game and have a laugh .

Sounds pretty good.

And pardon my ignorance, but is it played on an oval and do you have the proper goal posts etc? I imagine it's tough enough to get proper umpires as well.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Sounds pretty good.

And pardon my ignorance, but is it played on an oval and do you have the proper goal posts etc? I imagine it's tough enough to get proper umpires as well.

Games are played on GAA / Rugby pitches and then are lined out to create an oval + behind posts put down . Theres a few guys from each club that umpire the games , usually switch umpires at half time to make things fair .

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

is there a team in the south east ???

Advertisement