Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optical out from TV to Amp

Options
  • 07-03-2008 12:58pm
    Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭

I have HDMI coming from my Sky HD and PS3 to my KDL-46X3000 and then an optical cable from the TV to my Decoder. When I had these boxes supplying the AMP directly, when a DTS or DD5.1 feed was present, the display scrolled what was being decoded. Now, there is no info about DD or DTS but the sounds still seems to be getting sent around the speakers ok. Is there a reason why this would be happening or could it be a case that the sound isn't actually being decoded and the system is just 'doing what it can' with the sound?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

The HDMI output from the SKY HD box provides stereo only to the TV. It, in turn, is providing the same signal back to your amp. You will need to go back to your previous configuration to enjoy 5.1 output from the SKY HD box.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

fat-tony wrote: »
    The HDMI output from the SKY HD box provides stereo only to the TV. It, in turn, is providing the same signal back to your amp. You will need to go back to your previous configuration to enjoy 5.1 output from the SKY HD box.
    Crap. I was using the Red/White Audio connections from the Sky box to the Amp but there was some lip sync issues. No issues when using the Optical connection but I also have a PS3 and there is only optical out to use.

Advertisement